Saturday, September 25, 2010

Prayer - Waiting for My Orders

A Puritan Girl at Prayer


A Mysterious letter arrived a few days ago. It was from a relative I rarely talk to. I have seen him twice in seventeen years. But we are very close, and even though we hardly talk, we are there for each other.

When the letter was announced, I was shocked. I opened it up and found money inside. The note said, "I was told to give this to you." My assumption was that he felt let by the Lord to send me the money. Instead of being happy, I was puzzled. In What way did the Lord intend for me to use this money? I started to think of all the needs we have: Car repairs, winter clothes for the children, food, bills, etc. Lately, I had been wearing nylons with runs in them. Amy would point it out to me and say, "Mom your nylons are ruined! They have runs in them." I would shrug and say it was okay.  The nylons were getting worse. She would say, "You can't wear them. They have holes in them!" I would hold my head up and say, "It's the style." There was nothing else I could do. I could not bring myself to spend money on myself when there were so many other pressing needs. I wondered if buying nylons, and other things, was the purpose of the money?  But I didn't dare touch it. I put the money aside.

Then I prayed. What was the money for? I wanted the Lord to reveal it to me. I worried a crisis was coming and this might be the provision.

The next morning was payday. I went over our bills and prepared our weekly budget.  Then I realized something. There was a large shortage. There was not enough money for food or other bills which had come in.   Do you know that horrible feeling you get when you realize you don't have enough cash to get through the month? It is a stabbing pain in the heart. There is a silent groaning in the soul, crying out to God for help. It is a helpless prayer of desperation.

Then it hit me - The Lord had provided the money in advance to cover this loss, before I had even thought to ask.  I was shocked and grateful. . . and I was crying.

Blessings
Mrs. White

Hard Times - No Income and the Basics of Life.

An Amazing Financial Blessing - To Encourage the Downcast Housewife.

Charity - The Good Deed Money.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home



Share/Bookmark


9 comments:

All American x5 said...

The Lord is MIGHTY!

He will always provide and blessings be to you.

Have a blessed day.

Tracy said...

How wonderful! The Lord does provide! :)

Anonymous said...

This happen to us this week....we have been very tight...We have had just enough for food and gas and nothing else. We received a lovely card with a check....I can not tell you how very grateful I felt to the person but mainly to the Lord above....He is never late:)

I am having a hard time trying to not spend it unwisely...I worry that we may spend it on things we shouldn't...like you my daughters both need winter clothes they didn't have any jeans until last night and we bought the cheapest:) I also know that after this money is gone we will be ever so tight once again. Our last grocery trip I only spent $98.00 and that was for everything..food,bathroom tissue, ect. We need a oil change and new tires but will that take it all? I could use a newer set of eyeglasses is that really needed? I hate wondering if we are spending it correctly:(

Renee

Michelle Smith said...

What a blessing! The Lord knew when you would need the money and answered for that need before you even realized it would be there! He truly does care for His children, doesn't He? :)

Michelle said...

This story really touched my heart because it hits close to home. There were times when my husband and I struggled greatly when he was going to Seminary and we had to choose between milk and diapers. Out of no where, someone would approach us and say, "I felt God telling me to give this to you."

What an awesome God we serve!

~ Denise ~ said...

What a wonderful testimony! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us...

mommyx12 said...

Awesome. I am truly amazed at how the Lord knows and cares for our needs even before we have them!! Thanks for sharing.

The Momma Chronicles said...

Daily bread indeed. How great is our God!

Dee said...

Jehovah Jireh! Our provider! God is soooooo good! Thank you, Lord!

Related Posts with Thumbnails