Friday, October 1, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 39)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?



 Here's my week: 

[Please don't ask about my whereabouts for last Friday (Week 38). I have no idea why I didn't write a check-in.]

On Monday I had so much energy and enthusiasm that I actually did a 30 minute work out, complete with weights.  I was looking back over the archives and it seems I have not done a 30 minute workout since Week 29.  That will explain what happened next...

When I finished exercising, my legs were involuntarily shaking for hours. Of course, I completely ignored them, and went about my normal daily routine. (smiles)

The next morning, my muscles were so upset with me, that I actually murmured to myself that I wanted to quit Fit Mommy. (gasp!)  I cannot believe such a horrible thought entered my mind, especially considering the fact that I am the co-creator of Fit Mommy and I'm the one who made the Button! (See -Fit Mommy Friday- photo above.)  

I finally got over the complaining and realized the whole thing was my fault. When will I ever learn? I have to start slow! I should not have used the weights. (I had been ill for several weeks.) I was not ready for them.

For the rest of the week, I suffered, but did not attempt to exercise again.

Next Monday, I will take it slower and maybe someday, I will get back to normal again.

Fitness Goal: To have strength and endurance. I do not have any weight to lose, but need to keep my energy levels high and avoid eating too much sugary, junk food.

Are you working on being a Fit Mommy? We'd love to have you join us!

Blessings
Mrs. White


My complete Fit Mommy history.

I wish I had as much energy as I did during Week 10 of Fit Mommy!


Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark


4 comments:

Annie Kate said...

Oh Mrs White, my doctor yells at me if I try to do too much. I'm so grateful to him, because I need that.

I'll 'yell' at you, too, if it will help. :)

You've got to go SLOW,SLOW,SLOW!!! NEVER do as much as you think you can!!! NEVER, EVER PUSH YOURSELF!!!

Hugs,

Annie Kate

Mrs. White said...

Thank you for yelling at me Annie Kate!! I'll try to remember next time!

(hugs)
blessings
Mrs. White

Cindy said...

You have a common problem:
"overdo because I feel soooo good" syndrome. It's a tough one to get rid of.

~ Denise ~ said...

Tsk, tsk...! No quitting allowed, sweet friend! ;) Hee hee! If it makes you feel any better, my hamstrings are screaming at me right now. I totally overdid it yesterday (and the day before) and I'm really paying for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails