Monday, October 25, 2010

A Happy Autumn Homemaking Day

Forever Autumn






This morning, I could not get motivated to start my daily housework. John (13) and I finally went out for a walk to the post office. There was a crisp Autumn chill in the air. We wore our winter coats and walked through all the pretty fallen leaves. It was beautiful outside. When we got back home, I was ready to work! I wanted to get in a "holiday" mood, so I put on a pretty apron. I was already dressed in a skirt and heels. It was going to be a special day. When I am feeling lazy or tired or grumpy, I get extra dressed up in heels and it puts me in the right frame of mind for homemaking, and delighting in home tasks.

I spent the next couple of hours cleaning and organizing while listening to pleasant music by Bing Crosby and Dean Martin. I smiled as I drank ice cold water from a wine glass. The house was looking more pleasant by the moment!

By Lunch time, I was ready for a break. I was still washing dishes when Amy (15) walked in.  I told her I was tired. Sometimes when I start cleaning, I don't want to stop! She sent me to bed for a rest and said she would take over.

We had a lovely afternoon of errands. Now I am back home again. The fire is blazing in the wood stove. Everyone is quiet. We had an easy supper (Chinese food for Mr. White and Matthew; and Subway for the rest of us.)  Everything is still clean and neat. We are going to have a restful, happy night.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

I would rather have someone else drive - My Chauffeur

Some ideas - Keeping House with Small Children.

Some many good ideas in - Lessons from a Norwegian Family.


Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

busymomof10 said...

I always enjoy reading your posts about your homemaking! Because you take such a simple joy in your home and in being a home maker, it always motivates me to go clean my kitchen or make somthing yummy for my family to eat. I just love your attitude! i appreciated your transparency too on a day when it took you a while to get in the mood, but you were able to make it happen! I just love it! Great post! Don't you love it when the house is neat and clean??? Such a good feeeling!

blessings,
Elizabeth