Saturday, October 23, 2010

Winter and Fashion

The Wintry Road to Market


We had some snow here yesterday. It covered the rooftops, ground and cars. Throughout the day, we had light snow gently falling from the sky. It was beautiful!

Amy (15) put on her new winter coat for the first time. It is a soft, creamy white. We found it at Chadwicks. She looks so cute in it! It made her want to wear dressier clothes. She has some lovely fashionable items which are hand-me-downs from her older sisters.  Rachel (22) and Nicole (21) live and work near the city. They have access to all the best shops! They are able to find the most adorable clothes. Amy always benefits from this since she gets their cast-offs!

Amy and I also love to shop at J.C. Penney.  They have a comfortable sitting area in their dressing rooms. It is an elegant setting.

My favorite place of all has to be Marshalls or T.J. Maxx. We have to drive 2 hours to find these stores. I remember last year finding such pretty purses, matching shoes and a lovely long coat designed by Anne Klein.  Their prices are incredible and I always find some decorative item to bring back to make our home more inviting!

Very soon, Amy and I will have to head into the city for some winter shopping. We all need some new winter clothes and boots. Since we are in an extremely rural area, we rarely have an opportunity to shop in the nicer stores. We do our shopping once or twice a year which is a delightful treat. We will plan a fun excursion very soon. I can't wait!

 Blessings
Mrs. White

See our Plan for  No- TV Month.

Remembering when my children were young -The Breakfast Hostess.

The Children took Good Care of me during a health crisis - A Hospital in the Home.


Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

busymomof10 said...

you know it is just so hard for me to understand living in a remote, rural area! I was just complaining yesterday because since we moved I'm 20 minutes from my favorite grocery store instead of 10! :)

I guess I'm just plain spoiled!!! :)

Getting snow in October is even harder for me to fathom since I live in southeast Georgia, where the high for today is 85 and sunny! Our community pool is still open . . . and of course, the beach is still calling . . . but I'm too busy unpacking boxes!

I hope you enjoy your wintry weather inside your cozy house! And enjoy your winter shopping!!

blessings,
Elizabeth

Kate at Wonderful Life Farm said...

I enjoyed this posting. Thanks! I love Marshalls and T.J. Maxx as well. We also love the incredible, expensive clothes we can find (for just a few dollars) at thrift shops, some with the new tags still hanging from them! And we like thrift shopping because we can find a wider variety of styles than whatever's being offered for "the season" in the department stores.
Mother-daughter shopping trips are fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails