Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Long Day of Homeschooling and Homemaking

Good Housekeeping, February, 1919


I spent most of my time in the kitchen today. I sorted old silverware and packed it away. Then I washed and shined a new set to put away. I cleaned and polished and scrubbed. I shined the sink and did some dishes. I scrubbed my stove and counters and did it all at a very slow pace. I took lots of breaks and also did some homeschool lessons with the children.

Throughout the day, both Amy (15) and John (13) worked on Mathletics. It is an online math program that we all love. Then the children did their reading and workbooks. We still have so much more to do, but it is already 8 at night. It seems we start later in the day, even though I'd rather start first thing in the morning.

We will do some DVD schooling tonight. We will also do some more Math on the computer, all together. Then we will have our Bible time and settle down for a quiet night.

I was so happy with all the housework I managed to do this morning. I even listened to some gospel music - one of the songs even made me cry (I do that alot - smiles). It was a precious song by Ralph Stanley - Gloryland. (I'll post it below.)



This kind of music really grounds me. This life is passing quickly. My eternal home is in heaven and I want to remember this, even in seemingly trivial things like cleaning my house and cooking the meals and doing the laundry. I crave heavenward thoughts and I am comforted by them.

Hope you have a lovely night!

Blessings
Mrs. White, who, at this very moment, is enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate!

I love this - Holiness from the Garage.

Don't forget that Mother Makes the Home.

Short, peaceful thoughts in Morning at our Estate.





Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Sounds like you got a lot done. I scrubbed all the counters in the kitchen today, as well as the appliances, inside the fridge, washer and dryer, and dusted a few rooms. The sink is full again from dinner though.

Mrs. Stam said...

Good job on all your accomplishments :-)

Lady Rose said...

Mrs. White,

It sounds like you had a very organized and productive day. I enjoyed reading about it. :)

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

Gabriella said...

I just gave you an award over on my blog, Sewing Is Hard...

Related Posts with Thumbnails