Friday, November 26, 2010

Praying to Heal the Moral Decline of our Children

Arbor Cottage


I've been thinking a lot about the writings of Elizabeth Prentiss. In most of her books, there is always this very dear saint who was close to God. This saint loved her Bible and God. Her love was a meek and gentle love. Her very presence made everyone feel safe and secure - that this was a place where God was honored.

I am trying to find a way to cope with society around me. The culture is overpowering. I have older children who enjoy current entertainment - movies, music, etc. Much of it is "harmless" recreation, but it does not leave one much hunger for holiness. How does a mother balance this out in her home? How does she allow them to have joy in their youth, but still help them with a desire for religious duties. How can she become an old-time saint like in the Prentiss stories?

There is one powerful way - she can pray.

Mother, do you pray?

I have to honestly admit that I don't pray enough. I pray daily for each child. But I don't pray enough. I need to earnestly beg and plead with God to heal the moral decline of our children in this generation.

If I am too caught up in the distractions of this world, sometimes, I am full of apathy. I don't care. Isn't that terrible?

Today, I will write in my prayer journal a little reminder to pray for healing. I will pray for a revival in my children. I will pray and pray and pray. I will not stop until I see it happen.  This is a quiet, behind-the-scenes aspect of Motherhood that is powerful!

Oh, how easily I have given up and accepted the way things are! Yes, I have wonderful children. Don't we all? But this country needs a revival. And it can start in each and every one of our homes.

Mother do you pray?

Blessings
Mrs. White

A List of Some Inspiring Mothers from History

Tips on Raising Godly Children in - Mama, Dry Your Tears

Review of Identity Theft by Doug Phillips of Vision Forum - a sermon about the culture of our homes


Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Rocky Mountain Homemaker said...

Excellent. Thanks so much!

Mrs. Stam said...

Great post! I feel short when it come to prayer or being consistent in praying for our family!Thanks for the reminder!

Mrs Stam

Taryn said...

James 5:16b(KJB)- The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails