Godly Homemaking wisdom for a peaceful and joyous home life. . ..
"Faint not; the miles to heaven are but few and short." -Samuel Rutherford
Cleaning Your Home
Thrift - Home Economy
Stories for the Homemaker
Stories and Ideas
"Living on His Income" by Mrs. White
"The Good Wife"
Teaching Home Economics
The Prentiss Study
A Free Resource
~ My Books ~
~ Now Available ~
110 pages, paperback
"Old Fashioned Motherhood"
Baby and Child Care Advice from a New England Housewife ~
Early Morning Revival Challenge
90 Day Bible Study [72 pages, paperback]
Order My Book
"For the Love of Christian Homemaking"
Subscribe to "The Legacy of Home" to Receive Posts by Email
"Dear Kitchen Saints"
Letters from an Iowa Housewife (Includes an Incredible Marriage Testimony as seen in "Above Rubies" Magazine!)
From "On The Banks of Plum Creek"
"After Laura and Mary had washed and wiped the dishes, swept the floor, made their bed, and dusted, they settled down with their books. But the house was so cozy and pretty that Laura kept looking up at it."
- Laura Ingalls Wilder
Human Frailty of the Godly Soul
"The life of Luther might suffice to give a thousand instances, and he was by no means of the weaker sort. His great spirit was often in the seventh heaven of exultation, and as frequently on the borders of despair. His very deathbed was not free from tempests, and he sobbed himself into his last sleep like a greatly wearied child."
"As for her, like most women, she had but one ambition. To be a good wife and a good mother, and to be beloved by her husband and children, was all she asked. [She was] a busy, affectionate, cheerful little housewife, whose voice would never be heard in the streets, but whose memory would always live in a few faithful hearts."
- Elizabeth Prentiss, 1800's.
A married woman who stays home. This is a lifelong vocation. It is an old-fashioned term, and something to be proud of. Not a "domestic engineer." Not a "home manager." An old fashioned housewife, who keeps the home, and abides there. - Mrs. White
In July of 2010, Vision Forum presented a historic conference in San Antonio Texas. It was on the "Triumph of Life over the Culture of Death."
I received a set of this conference on Audio CDs and have been listening to them over the past several weeks. I am grateful to have this! There is so much wisdom, truth, and practical instruction in these messages. You will be comforted, supported and encouraged!
Some of the speakers include Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar, Matt & Jennie Chancey, Doug & Beall Phillips, and Geoff & Victoria Botkin. I am going to share the list of messages with you, and then tell you how to enter for a chance to win this amazing resource!
In this collection of more than 9 hours of messages, you'll find the following:
1. Opening Session by Doug Phillips
2. The Long War Against Babies by Doug Phillips
3. The Joy of the Fruitful Womb: Real Families discuss the rewards of raising a large family for the glory of God. - Panel Discussion.
4. Suffer the Children to Come: How to love those children who are rejected by the culture of death by Kevin Swanson and R.C. Sproul Jr.
5. How to End Abortion in America: A look at the spiritual, practical, and constitutional realities by Jim Zes, Flip Benham, Dan Becker and Bob Renaud.
6. How the logical church builds a thriving culture of life by Scott Brown.
7. Surviving the first 50 years of the Pill by Geoff Botkin.
8. Naming Babies by Doug Phillips.
9. Symposium on Manhood and Babies by Doug Phillips and Jim Bob Duggar.
10. Symposium on Top Legal Issues Facing Parents by Don Hart and Jessie Paine.
11. Fundamental Principles for Reforming Health by Dr. Ed Payne.
12. Ladies Tea with Michelle Duggar
13. What the Bible says about birth control by Doug Phillips.
14. Ladies Symposium: an Interview with Michelle Duggar - Beall Phillips and Michelle Duggar.
15. Children as Pets by Geoff Botkin.
16. Symposium on Biomedical Ethics for Birth (part one) by Doug Philips, Geoff Botkin, Dan Becker and Dr. Ed Payne.
17. Symposium on Biomedical Ethics for Birth (part two) by Doug Philips, Geoff Botkin, Dan Becker and Dr. Ed Payne.
18. Ladies' Symposium: Why we Must be Ladies Against Feminism (part one) by Jennie Chancey.
19. Ladies' Symposium: Why we Must be Ladies Against Feminism (part two) by Jennie Chancey.
20. The Indispensable Role of Grandparents in the Life of Children by Scott Brown.
21. The Demographics of Family Life by Doug Phillips.
22. Michelle Duggar: Mother of the Year by Doug Phillips and Michelle Duggar.
23. Haiti's Message of Hope to the Children of America by Doug Phillips.
24. Symposium on the Hope of Adoption: Lessons for the Future of Adoption from the Great 2010 Crisis in Haiti (part one) - Panel Discussion.
25. Symposium on the Hope of Adoption: Lessons for the Future of Adoption from the Great 2010 Crisis in Haiti (part two) - Panel Discussion.
26. Ladies' Symposium on Managing the Logistics of a Large Family (part one) by Beall Phillips, Jennie Chancey, Carmen Friedrich, Kim Coghlan, and Victoria Botkin.
27. Ladies' Symposium on Managing the Logistics of a Large Family (part two) by Beall Phillips, Jennie Chancey, Carmen Friedrich, Kim Coghlan, and Victoria Botkin.
28. Symposium of the Future of Healthcare in America: A Christian response to Socialized Medicine and Medical Ethical Chaos (part one) by Wesley Strackbein, James Lansberry, Dr. Ed Payne, and Dr. Mo Gill.
29. Symposium of the Future of Healthcare in America: A Christian response to Socialized Medicine and Medical Ethical Chaos (part two) by Wesley Strackbein, James Lansberry, Dr. Ed Payne, and Dr. Mo Gill.
30. Child Training: A Biblical Template by Kevin Swanson.
31. The Hopeful Theology of Miscarriage by Doug Phillips.
32. The Myth of Overpopulation and the Coming Demographic Bomb by Kevin Swanson.
33. Symposium on Biblical Biomedical Ethics for the Infirm and Aging in the 21st Century: Brain Death, Organ Transplants, Euthenasia, and Care for the Elderly (part one) by Doug Phillips, Dr. Mo Gill, Dr. Ed Payne, and Dan Becker.
34. Symposium on Biblical Biomedical Ethics for the Infirm and Aging in the 21st Century: Brain Death, Organ Transplants, Euthenasia, and Care for the Elderly (part two) by Doug Phillips, Dr. Mo Gill, Dr. Ed Payne, and Dan Becker.
35. Ladies' Symposium on Preserving and Promoting the Highest Ideals of Christian Motherhood (part one) by Beall Phillips, Jennie Chancey, Carmen Friedrich, and Denise Sproul.
36. Ladies' Symposium on Preserving and Promoting the Highest Ideals of Christian Motherhood (part two) by Beall Phillips, Jennie Chancey, Carmen Friedrich, and Denise Sproul.
37. Closing Sessions: Testimonials and Summary Remarks (part one) by Doug Phillips.
38. Closing Sessions: Testimonials and Summary Remarks (part two) by Doug Phillips.
I have one set of this conference available for a giveaway. If you would like a chance to win this outstanding resource, all you have to do is leave me a comment, telling me your favorite item from Vision Forum.
If you win, you will receive the entire Baby Conference on a 2- disc set in MP3 format (as shown in the above photo.)
For Additional Entries -
1. Post about this on Facebook.
2. Tweet about this. then come back here and share the link.
One random winner we be selected on Monday, December 6, 2010. (U.S. Entries only.) If I am unable to reach the winner within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected. Your entry is only valid if you include a way for me to contact you.
*Disclosure - I received The Baby Conference, from Vision Forum, for review purposes.*