Monday, December 6, 2010

A Classical Morning and a FREE book for homemakers

Cottage Garden






It is snowing and lovely here in Vermont. I spent the weekend resting and recovering from exhaustion and pain. I am feeling much better today.

I am listening to classical music as I type. It is soothing and calming. In just a little while I will clean and have some hot chocolate.

I want to get all dressed up today and just be happy.  I will read some books and do Family Bible time.

One thing I did yesterday was turn a paperback book into a digital (e-book) and make it available to the public for FREE. This book is called, "Housewifery Journal - Wisdom from a Modern Day Pioneer Homemaker," and was written by Mrs. Connie Hultquist. This was something I compiled, edited and published for her. It was originally published in 2005. I offered a giveaway for it sometime last year.  Some  of my readers from outside the US asked if there was some way to get a copy as an E-book. Others didn't have the extra money to buy a copy. I think this option, as a FREE E-book, is a perfect choice. Granted, it is a digital copy of the original so it is not fancy. Rather than trying to read it on the computer, it is easier to print it out and read it that way. Would you like your free copy? I created a Facebook page where the document link is located. Or you can go directly to the Housewifery Journal Book itself.

If you decide to "like" the Facebook page for this book, I'd love to hear your thoughts as you read. I am hoping it will be a place to support one another in finding ways to survive during hard economic times.  Many people also struggle with family issues. Mothers need to be strong and brave even when the family seems to be falling apart. We want peace in our homes. We want patience and faith and trust and creative ideas to get through the tough moments. Your participation is welcome and wanted.

Edited to add - Some of you are requesting the option to purchase the paperback version of the book.  If this is something you'd like to do, I have copies available for $12 (includes shipping).[U.S. Orders only. Please e-mail me for additional shipping costs for outside the U.S.]






I hope you have a wonderful day! I will leave you with a pretty classical song. I listen to this one everyday.

Blessings
Mrs. White



Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Homequeen said...

Thank you dear Mrs White for this interesting book all about Homemaking.
What a nice surprise! It is very kind of you to share this with your readers. I look forward to reading it very much.

Mrs. Stam said...

Tank you for sharing this ebook, and I like the facebook page and getting exited about reading a book:-)

Jane said...

I just want you to know that I find your blog to be an inspiration and source of encouragement to me during my time as a homemaker and a homeschooling mom. I see your struggles and joys and I delight in your faith. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours from snowy Iowa! Thank you also for the e-book. I am looking forward to reading it in my spare time! :)

Lorie said...

Dear Mrs. White, Thank you for all the work you put into this book and for making it available for free. I have wanted to read it for a long time but did not have the funds. This is a great blessing.

Praying for you to feel strong and healthy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails