Friday, January 7, 2011

Fit Mommy (Year 2 Week 1)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's My week:

Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues and Wednesday-

I was inspired by Denise Austin's book, "Get Energy" and exercised every day with hand weights. I did stretches every morning. (Very easy!) Then I did target toning with light weights. But then I added 8 pound hand weights and did several reps of various exercises.  (This took no more than 10 or 15 minutes a day.)

My secret goal for the New Year - 

I wasn't going to tell you this because it is so lame!  I have been trying to do more than 5 "real" push ups at a time. My goal was to do 10 all at once, by the end of 2011. You must know how much I hate push ups. They are so hard to do! But this morning, I did 10!! I was shocked! I will tell you how it happened:

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to do 2 or 3 at a time, a couple of times a day, hoping to build up my strength. Then I got bored with that idea. (smiles). I hoped that by doing 5 every single day, I would slowly manage to do more over time.

But then Wednesday afternoon happened. What happened? A review product arrived. ** It is Moms into Fitness DVD set - "60-day Slim Down" by Lindsay Brin. I spent several hours reading over her website, looking over the DVDs and reading the plan.  I was excited! I started on Thursday. I realize now that my extra workouts with the weights this past week helped prepare me for her program. This morning, was day 2 of her plan. I had to complete a "fitness test." This included a timed test to see how many "real" push ups I could do. That's when I easily did 10 and almost fainted from shock! I was delighted. (At the end of the 60 days, I have to re-do the test to see my fitness progress.) 

This has been a great fitness week and I am looking forward to the coming year with Fit Mommy!  Just remember this - if you are new to exercising or get tired easily - start slow. Do a little each day. Slowly you will see great progress. Just don't give up!

How was your week?

Blessings
Mrs. White

** A Mama Buzz review, and will be posted here on January 11.

My complete Fit Mommy history.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

Mel said...

You're on a roll!:) Pushups are so hard; sounds like you're doing great, though!:)

Taryn said...

My granddaughter, Aliyah(11m.), received a plastic tea set for Christmas with plastic pieces of cake on a tray. All I see is caffeine and sugar. I thought of Romans 13:14 KJV-"...make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof." I put oranges in a blue bowl-when I crave sugar I have an orange . Congratulations on your victory.You inspire me to try harder.

Lorus! said...

Fabulous! I am so proud of you - what an accomplishment. Push ups are such a challenge for me too.

momma24 said...

Great job!! Push ups are the bane of my existence and I live with Mr. Muscles who can pop out 40+ of them w/o breaking a sweat! You are an inspiration and I might just have to start working on my pus-ups again...maybe! lol

Alisa said...

Dear Mrs. White,

Your goal was not lame at all because it was a step forward! I too struggle with push ups! Isn't Denise Austin great! I have enjoyed her workouts for so many years. Could you give a little more detail about the exercises for your arms with the free weights? I think you'd really like the healthy snack posted on my blog today. Thank you for being a fit mommy! It is inspiring when a bunch of us can come together. God bless your day! Alis
P.S. Love the way you planned out this evening in advance.

SisterTipster said...

It's a new year~wow...you can make a new goal for those push ups since you accomplished it already~congrats and here's to the future with good health~hugs!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

How exciting! Congrats! It sounds like the Lord is helping things fall into place to help you achieve your goals. It's fun to rejoice in even the "small" things. :)

Briana said...

Good job! I can only do 5 girl push-ups. You kicked my behind times at least three! I'm trying to get my upper body strength back this year.

Debbie said...

Hi Mrs White,
Back in December I told you I had been thinking about starting Fit Mommy - I started today!

Push ups? That's not a lame goal at all. I couldn't even begin to set a goal like doing push ups - in ‘my world,’I consider that quite an accomplishment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails