Monday, January 17, 2011

Shopping with my Oldest Daughter

Jazz du Jour




We left the house this morning around 6 a.m. I had to take Nicole (21) back to college. It was such a long drive! We arrived at her school by 10 a.m. I brought John (13) along for the trip. After we got Nicole settled, we headed into the City of Burlington, where we met up with my oldest daughter, Rachel (22).

We had such a lovely visit. She took us to her salon and cut and styled John's hair. Then we went shopping. She knows where all the best stores are. She knows who is having a sale and exactly how to find just what we need. I was able to find a few winter clothes for Amy. Then we went into a calendar shop. I found a 2011 Thomas Kinkaid planning book. It is full of gorgeous paintings and Bible verses. It is set up like a book and has plenty of room for daily appointments, addresses and notes. I love it! It was discounted and cost only $3.79. I also bought a full size calendar for Amy (16) and one for Matthew (18). Rachel shopped around the store with John and bought him several little gifts. He was so happy.

After our shopping adventure, we walked down Court Street, which is a beautiful district in the city, where you can walk on elegant brick sidewalks and see all the different shops. It was very cold and we wanted to stop somewhere to eat. There was a charming Pub, so we went in there and got settled in a nice booth. The place was decorated in rich burgundy and black. We ordered slices of cheese pizza. It was nice and hot and delicious! Our lunch cost only $6.11.

It was time to head back home. I had such a lovely, quiet visit with my oldest and was very calm and relaxed by the time I got home. You know what? I really needed a break like that. I think I will do it more often.

blessings
Mrs. White

A Little Fun in My Home Library.

My Sense and Sensibility Edwardian Apron and how I taught 2 girls to hand sew an apron.

Remembering my Mama's Kitchen.



Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home



Share/Bookmark


6 comments:

Our Village is a Little Different said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day.

busymomof10 said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! Just what you needed -- a nice break from routine, a pleasant outing with your oldest daughter!

God Bless,
Elizabeth

Speaking many languages all at the same time! said...

This sounds like a positively wonderful day and it took away the sadness we have when leaving one child at college... I had a Thomas Kincaid calendar exactly as you described and know you will absolutely enjoy using it plus the small price will make it even more enjoyed! I'm enjoying your blog from my home in Italy where I'm far from my daughter back in the States at college... Plus I have a 13 year old son too which I'm homeschooling.

Taryn said...

I recently bought my daughter a King James Version Bible calendar that doesn't have Halloween on it-from Dayspring.

Suzanne said...

Aren't those little getaways the best and so refreshing:-) Good for you!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I'm sorry that is was time to take Nicole back to school, but I'm glad that you had such a wonderful day. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails