Friday, March 4, 2011

Fit Mommy (Year 2 Week 8 and 9)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

For Week 8

I did a 30 minute workout DVD on Sunday morning. Then didn't do a single thing for the rest of the week. (That's probably why I didn't bother to write another boring check-in!)

For Week 9

Monday -
Wore ankle weights while I cleaned the house.

Tuesday -
Major brisk walking while shopping, in the parking lot, etc.

Wednesday-
More brisk walking while out on errands.

Thursday-
No exercises.

Friday-
I attempted to do a 30 minute workout DVD but only made it to 15 minutes. Then I saw the next thing I was supposed to do - major push ups, etc and I thought, I am not in the mood for this! and walked away from the television.  At this moment, I've pretty much had it with DVD workouts. I am tired of being told what to do and for how long. (smiles) 

I am going back to my old routine of my own daily workouts. I TRIED the DVD route and yes, it worked for several weeks and I loved it. But I'm finished now. I will go back to my own routine starting tomorrow morning. I love doing efficient workouts that are quick and get the job done. This is for my own long-term good.

Fitness Goal: To have strength and endurance. I do not have any weight to lose, but need to keep my energy levels high.  It is very important that I keep up with a consistent workout plan, or my health will drastically suffer.

blessings
Mrs. White

My complete Fit Mommy history.


An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Annie Kate said...

Good for you, to have learned that about yourself! Now you can go full steam ahead with what works for you. :)

Blessings,

Annie Kate

Very Blessed Mamma said...

I like my leslie Sansone videos. We may be getting a membership to the YMCA too!

Debbie said...

Sorry you have been struggling with your workouts the past 2 weeks but it is good to find out what works for you. Each person is different. I love my Wii Fit. My hubby does not seem to like it much since he has only been on it one time since we got it. What is important is to find what works for you and keep on exercising in some way. I know you will find much success in the coming week as you get back to what you know works for you. God Bless.

Laura O in AK said...

Knowing our own limitations is a good thing. DVDs can be great for exercising at home. But, they do not work for everyone. And, each one is diferent enough that what one person enjoys will seem like drudgery to another.

I'm right with you on getting exercise through brisk walks while doing errands. That and dancing with the babe are my regular, guaranteed to happen things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails