Tuesday, March 1, 2011

House Account (Month Ten)



House Account Monthly is a Meme for Prudent Homemakers, which I host on the first of each month. Find out more about it and then come back to read my check-in.

The Questions:

1. Did you record all your spending this month?



I still have several receipts I did not record yet. I will work on it tomorrow. Things have been very hectic this month. Since we received our tax refund, I have been doing a lot of shopping - school books; clothing; car repairs. It has been an expensive month!


2. What are your goals for keeping a ledger? (Example - Get out of debt; Get a grip on spending; Teach my children sound financial skills; Be more accountable to my family for my spending, Analyze spending habits, Have a record of our estate, etc.)

I want a financial record of our lives.

3. Do you have a success story to share? (Example - reduced electric bill; paid off a debt; lowered grocery bill; saved for a vacation, etc.) We'd also love to hear your tips and ideas!

Nothing spectacular happened this month. I am hoping some of my readers can share an encouraging success story!


4. (Optional) How are your children doing with this? Any cute sayings from them, or progress in their financial education?

Amy helped me with our clothes shopping this month. We do heavy annual shopping this time of year.  She found some incredible sales and really saved us a lot of money.

5. Any helpful resources you've found? (such as a website, link to an article, or book)

 Honestly, at this very moment, I am so exhausted I cannot even think straight. Have you found any helpful resources to inspire us with?

6. Were you able to put aside some savings this month?

Yes! 

7. Comments or Thoughts?

I am still trying to find a manageable way to only go to the stores once a week. But I keep running out of things. Today, for example, I ran out of coffee filters and coffee. It's always something. I need to get organized and write up a permanent kitchen inventory list so I can glance over it and make sure I have everything we need. This will help me avoid extra shopping trips which waste time and money.

- How About You?

What ideas do you have to save money? Are you keeping track of all your expenses in an old fashioned ledger book? I'd love to hear about it!


Please share your thoughts, or a link to your blog post,  in the comments section.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Read my complete History of House Account Monthly.


An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Irina said...

http://dulcecasa.blogspot.com/2011/03/lunar-despre-cheltuielile-casei.html

Thanks, it is a very good idea!

Renee said...

My favorite blog on being frugal is Rhonda at down---to---earth.blogspot.com she has taught me all about stock-piling which I think is what helps us the most.

We also have received our tax refund and we also have many things to buy this month...I know we will have to save some for the summer monthes..our water bill is already 100.00. I know it will way above that after we begin watering the garden.

Related Posts with Thumbnails