Sunday, May 1, 2011

House Account (Month Twelve)



House Account Monthly is a Meme for Prudent Homemakers, which I host on the first of each month. Find out more about it and then come back to read my check-in.

The Questions:

1. Did you record all your spending this month?

I did this for most of the month. But I have several days of receipts to finish up. I'll do that later tonight.


2. What are your goals for keeping a ledger? (Example - Get out of debt; Get a grip on spending; Teach my children sound financial skills; Be more accountable to my family for my spending, Analyze spending habits, Have a record of our estate, etc.)

I want a financial record of our lives.

3. Do you have a success story to share? (Example - reduced electric bill; paid off a debt; lowered grocery bill; saved for a vacation, etc.) We'd also love to hear your tips and ideas!

My daughter, who is in college, was in class recently. The professor told the students how bad things are for everyone - financially speaking. He said something like, "If you have a job, a car, food and a place to live, you are doing very well in these times."


4. (Optional) How are your children doing with this? Any cute sayings from them, or progress in their financial education?



The children have been very good this month with conserving funds and careful spending.

5. Any helpful resources you've found? (such as a website, link to an article, or book)

I did read an article about the economy. It said that Wal-Mart shoppers are "running out of money," which is an indication that we are in very hard times. 

6. Were you able to put aside some savings this month?

Not as much as I'd like.

7. Comments or Thoughts?

I am really shocked by the unbearable rising cost of gas. It reminds me of a few years ago, when it was around $4.59 a gallon, It was so bad that we had to cut back on essential trips - even church events! This is starting to happen to us again. Gas in our area is currently $3.99 a gallon.

- How About You?

What ideas do you have to save money? Are you keeping track of all your expenses in an old fashioned ledger book? I'd love to hear about it!


Please share your thoughts, or a link to your blog post,  in the comments section.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Read my complete History of House Account Monthly.


An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

proverbs31heart said...

I have done terrible with this! I started out good, but everything fell along the wayside. I hope to do better in the coming months.

jeana said...

Hello! I'm new to your blog, but wanted to join in We have lowered our grocery bill by shopping sales only, saving us about $150/month! Went to using 1 cell phone, saving us $100/month! And have been working hard to put the extra plus whatever we can in savings. Gos has blessed our efforts so! I'm excited to read more!

Annie Kate said...

I gave up in the winter, but plan to start again in August when we come back from a long trip to visit our relatives.

Until then, there's just too much to do, other than trying to set up a better system than the one I have.

Annie Kate

Related Posts with Thumbnails