Friday, May 27, 2011

How Huge the Night - Review

Product - "How Huge the Night" by Heather and Lydia Munn

Publisher - Kregel

The story is based on true events.  We learn about war time through the eyes of 15 year old adolescent.  I really enjoy WWII Stories. I expected to get lost in this book and learn about life during that difficult time, from the perspective of a teenager. I have to say for me, this was a labored read. I found the first few chapters to be depressing. The chapters did not flow as well. It was a bit frustrating for me. I was distracted and had trouble reading the story. Honestly, I was not able to finish it.  I found it far too sad.

I would suggest you look at other reviews to get an accurate picture of this book before making a decision. This could just be an off - review for me.


*Disclosure -  This is part of a litfuse blog tour. I received this book for Review purposes*

2 comments:

Laura O in AK said...

So sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this book. I admit that it took a little while to be hooked.

Here's the link to my review if you want to read it:

http://daybydayinourworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-huge-night-review-sharing-giveaway.html

Heather Munn said...

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for having a go at my book, and I'm sorry that it wasn't a good experience for you. It is a rather dark book in some ways (especially Nina's story) and it seems it is not for everybody.

I really do thank you for your honest thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails