Friday, December 30, 2011
This is the last of four posts from our Fitness Kick-off project. I have joined with 9 other bloggers to share progress and activities on staying fit (or getting fit) before the New Year.
[I will post winners of the giveaways later today.]
Here is my Fitness Report:
Monday morning - 30 minute workout. (Included target toning with light weights) A short time after this, I had severe physical problems (trouble walking, shaking, etc.) and had to rest.
I was not able to exercise for the rest of the week. I realize I was worn out by the holidays. We had a lot of company. It is exhausting having guests! But completely worth it!
I have enjoyed a long rest these past several days and will get back to exercising next week. It is important to accept limitations when seeking to get (or stay) fit. Sometimes we need time off.
I was still active, however. I did plenty of housework and a few errands. But I also slept a lot and just rested all week.
Push - Ups -
I did want to update you on my goal concerning push - ups. I was reading the archives here and found something from January of this year (almost a year ago.) My goal was to do 10 real push- ups. I am happy to report, I am still doing 10 and am very happy about it.
* My ongoing fitness goal is to workout daily and to replace snacks with more nourishing foods. I don't have any weight to lose, but at my age, I need to keep an eye on it so it doesn't creep up!
* Remember, we all have different health struggles and approaches to fitness and nutrition. I would love to hear what you are doing to stay fit! Please share in the comments section and then visit the other bloggers to cheer them on!
Would you like ongoing encouragement in 2012 for your own fitness goals? You are cordially invited over to Tea Time with Annie Kate who runs our Fit Mommy Friday program! She is inspiring, encouraging and will host check-ins, each week, throughout the year.
Thank you so much for following along on our month long fitness challenge! Please check-out our team's final reports:
The Fitness Kick-Start Team:
[I will update each link with today's Fitness post, as they go live. Keep checking back!]
* Mrs. White - The Legacy of Home,
* Shannon - Mom Loves Books,
Gina - A Cherished Keeper,
* Briana - I Can't Decide,
* Heather - Marine Corps Nomads,
* Susan - Homeschooling Hearts and Minds,
* Dawn - Guiding Light Homeschool,
Renita - Weighing Hearts,
* Kathy - Teaching Good Things,
*Angie - Petra School
Best wishes for the New Year!