This is the third of four posts from our Fitness Kick-off project. I have joined with 9 other bloggers to share progress and activities on staying fit (or getting fit) before the New Year.
I also have a great giveaway to offer you, from McDonald's restaurant, and will tell you about it in just a few minutes.
Here is my Fitness Report:
Monday morning - 30 minute workout. (Included target toning with light weights)
Monday evening - had an accident. Slammed my foot into a chair in the dark and caused some painful damage.
Tuesday - exhausted. But planned to do some light exercises on the floor. I never did get around to it. Decided to rest my foot instead.
Wednesday - foot still bruised and a little swollen, but much better. Took a trip into the city and walked all over the place. Ran upstairs instead of taking elevators, ran through rainy parking lots. Had lots of energy. Did good.
Thursday - brisk walking during errands. No specific exercises.
Friday - (today). I woke up too late to exercise. But will do a few light target toning exercises later. Foot it still damaged but pain is almost gone.
* My ongoing fitness goal is to workout daily and to replace snacks with more nourishing foods. I don't have any weight to lose, but at my age, I need to keep an eye on it so it doesn't creep up!
* Remember, we all have different health struggles and approaches to fitness and nutrition. I would love to hear what you are doing to stay fit! Please share in the comments section and then visit the other bloggers to cheer them on!
The Fitness Kick-Start Team:
[I will update each link with today's Fitness post, as they go live. Keep checking back!]
* Mrs. White - The Legacy of Home, (McDonald's "Be Our Guest" Food- Giveaway)
* Shannon - Mom Loves Books,
Gina - A Cherished Keeper,
* Briana - I Can't Decide,
* Heather - Marine Corps Nomads, (With a Pure Integrity Candle Set Giveaway)
* Susan - Homeschooling Hearts and Minds,
* Dawn - Guiding Light Homeschool,
*Renita - Weighing Hearts,
* Kathy - Teaching Good Things,
*Angie - Petra School
Now for the Giveaway!
I love the Ronald McDonald House Charity. My oldest son and I stayed in one, several years ago, when he was undergoing medical care. It was a tremendous comfort and a lovely place.
Every time we go to a McDonald's restaurant drive-through, we see a slot to donate to their charity. It makes it easy and convenient to help. What they are doing is amazing! The home we stayed in was beautiful and the volunteers were so helpful and friendly.
I realize we don't commonly think of McDonald's as a healthy place to eat. But the reality is that families today are often on-the-go, and going to the drive through has become normal. We can make good food choices and also make sure we are eating balanced, nutritious meals at home.
I have a nice prize package to offer you, from McDonald's. It includes 15 "Be Our Guest" food cards for free items:
5 - free Asian Salads.
5 - free Fruit and Maple Oatmeals.
5 - free Egg McMuffins.
Would you like a chance to win this "Be Our Guest" package from McDonald's? I have one package available for a giveaway. One winner will receive all 15 cards. All you have to do is leave me a comment.
For additional Entries:
3. Follow me on Twitter.
5. Become a Public Follower through Google Friend Connect, or let me know if you are already a follower.
8. Tell me your favorite McDonald's memory, from your childhood.