Friday, June 15, 2012

A Home Visit

Small cottage flower shop, Keukenhof Gardens, Lisse, Netherlands
"Small cottage flower shop, Keukenhof Gardens, Lisse, Netherlands"





My new garden is such fun. I act like I know what I am doing, and just look at the growing plants each day.  One of my boys does the watering.  (The watering can has gotten too heavy for me.)  We have several petite gardens throughout the property.  There is a section by the front window, plants on the front porch, a raised bed on the front yard, some plants on a picnic table in the back, and a larger plot back by the river.  So I walk all over the place to check on them.  I noticed that flowers grow on strawberry and cantaloupe plants.   I can also see some sign of new growth in my green pepper plants.   Since this is the first time I have ever had a garden, I am amazed by the progress.

I have several errands to do today. I will do some homeschooling with John, my youngest at 14.  When the children were younger, I would read them inspiring books. Now I think I will have John read books to me. We will start with Teddy's Button.   It is an incredible story that I read years ago. I want to hear the story again.  Maybe I can sit in the back yard while John reads to me?

Last night I did some vacuuming and polishing. Have you ever just missed housework?   Or longed for extra time just to clean, for the peacefulness and happiness of it? I don't mean cleaning a horrid mess, I mean the very simple tasks of sweeping a floor or polishing a stove? These little chores brighten the home and make everyone feel happy and comfortable.

I think I will bake chocolate chip muffins early this evening.   It will be a nice treat for all of us. 

I wish I could visit longer, but I better get some housework done. I hope you have a great weekend!

Blessings
Mrs. White

From the Archives -


A Little Smile for those  Difficult Days - Daydreaming about Housekeeping.

Craving - A Home with Character.

For those Very Rough Times - Trouble with Teenagers.

Please strive to be one of these!! - A Wife Who Does Not Complain.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post today was delightful, and it made me smile. Even though I am a new subscriber, I have learned so much from you about being the lady God would have me to be. I thank you with all of my heart for the help that you are giving me.

Lisa King said...

Your post was delightful today. Even though I am a new subscriber, I have learned so much from you. Spending time with your writings seems to put me into a peaceful frame of mind. I know that God led me to your writings. You are helping me more than you could know. Thank you.

Deanna said...

Sweet blessings to you. So glad that you are enjoying the gardening! That's wonderful.
d