Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Struggling with Today's Adventures

Secret Garden


One of the most important things I need to do today, is get in the right frame of mind.  I am distracted and unmotivated.

First, I will turn on Crooners, so that a cheerful atmosphere is created.  Then I will make sure all the shades are open, and enjoy the bright sunshine. 

I will set the table for a simple, but elegant lunch.  I will use my best dinner plate, a napkin and nice silverware. 

There is a difficult errand I must do this afternoon, but I have to be peaceful and find some way to make it a fun adventure.

When I get home, I will walk the grounds, slowly and peacefully, and look at my garden.  I will enjoy the tranquility of fresh air, the sounds of nature, and the pleasantness of just being home.

I will work at a slow pace in the late afternoon and start a nice dinner. When the sun begins to set, and the streetlights go on, it will be time to wind down the day. I will read quietly and settle the children. 

When night falls, home will be a quiet place, and all the dreaded adventures of the day will be over.

Blessings
Mrs. White

From the Archives -

When a Change is Needed - School at Home without a Lesson Plan.

My Family - The Blessing of Being a Half- Southern Mama.

This will awaken me out of my laziness today - Only Rich People Have Clean Houses.


3 comments:

Joy said...

What a beautiful way to view your day, Mrs. White!

I woke up this morning not feeling well, and so, so tired (in addition to not feeling well, I was up with my little one last night). In order to make it through this day, I had to also get in the right frame of mind.

I started with Bible reading. It made such a difference in my outlook. I'm still not feeling able to do much due to feeling unwell, but at least I can smile at my husband and children. :)

Thanks for the encouragement!

Suzannah said...

Your post and blog is ever so encouraging for me. I am also distracted and lack of motivation today. Its rainy here and just makes me want to sleep.
but a good wife must rise and clean her home. I want to have supper ready and the table set for my sweet husband after he gets home from hard day at work.
I will turn on the Waltons and slowly clean my home.

Thanks Mrs White for all the encouragement.

Mrs. Settles said...

Mrs. White,
Words cannot express how much your blog has come to mean to me. I thank God for it every night.
Though I have attended church my entire life, and know many Christian women, I have no one who fills the role of the Titus 2 older woman for me. It seems our culture has caused many women to remain quiet, neglecting to instruct we younger wives and mothers in the proper things, for fear of insulting someone.
Indirectly, you have become this much needed instructor.

Thank you and God bless,
Marcia