Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gymathtics Review

TOS Crew Review

Product: “Gymathtics” Exercise DVD

Publisher: Exploramania

Price: $24.99

*I received this product from this company (for free), for the purpose of sharing my opinion.*

This is a 30 minute video. There are four children of various ages, along with an adult, who leads the program. The children are all smiling and happy as they do the exercises.

While the workout is going on, a voice is describing math terms. There are also visuals on the screen so you can see the math concepts – for example: geometry terms are spoken while a picture appears at the same time.

The program includes: Warm up, Counting Calisthenics, Pattern Power, and a wind down.

Everyone is cheerful and this looks professionally done.

I had Amy (14) and John (12) watch this with me. They didn’t mind watching, but didn’t want to participate.

They both enjoyed hearing the math portions, but thought the exercise program itself to be a little young for them.

I love the idea of combining movement with learning something. But I just don’t think this DVD works for our family.


To find out more about my reviews, please visit "Introduction to our Homeschool Parlor"

0 comments: