Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christian Keyboarding Review

Little Girl Pretends to Write on a Typewriter







TOS Crew Review

Product: E-book - Keyboarding for the Christian School Elementary Version

Publisher: Christian Keyboarding by Leanne Beitel

Price: $12.95

*I received this product from this company (for free), for the purpose of sharing my opinion.*

In Junior High school, I started taking typing lessons. I loved it. I developed an interest in secretarial work and went on to take four years of typing classes, as well as short-hand, office procedures and accounting. I still remember my first typing teacher. She did an excellent job. We used those “old-fashioned” typewriters that sat on our desks. In those good old days, there was no such thing as a personal computer. Our teacher walked around the room, guiding us, testing us, and helping to make sure we were following the daily drills. Eventually, I was one of the top “speed” typists in my class. I actually went to a competition at a secretarial college in Quincy, Massachusetts. Even though I can type 89 words per minute, I did not win. There were girls there that could type 100 words per minute!

With this background in mind, I want to tell you how pleased I am with “Keyboarding for the Christian School.” It is not a “game;” “software program;” or some book full of “fluff.” It is a genuine, to- the- point typing curriculum. Students actually look at each page and do the daily drills, just like I did in school when I was a teenager.

This E-book is 87 pages long. There are 32 lessons. Students will learn how to type and become proficient with a computer keyboard. By lesson 18, the student is ready to begin typing sentences. A nice feature with this book is that it has a Biblical perspective.

Our Experience:

I used this with John (12). I printed out the first couple of lessons and placed them beside our computer. John learned how to hold his hands up (so his wrists were not touching the desk). His fingers were placed on the correct keys and he started typing. I sat beside him, coaching him on. He enjoyed the lesson and did a wonderful job. The lessons are short and easy to follow. I plan to continue this with him a couple of days a week.

To find out more about my reviews, please visit "Introduction to our Homeschool Parlor"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review, a typing competition????? I have never heard of that, :) Blessings to you!