Sunday, February 7, 2010

Math Tutor DVD

TOS Crew Review

Publisher: Math Tutor DVD

I received two different products from this company.

First:

“Young Minds – Numbers and Counting.” Price: $19.99

This program is designed for young children. Viewers will see vibrant photos while listening to soothing classical music. It is narrated by children whose voices are clear and easy to understand. This is an adorable production.

My absolute favorite part was a hummingbird, with fluttering wings. He was repeatedly taking drinks from the birdfeeder while the narrator counted to “4.” Very cute!

Second: 

“The Basic Math Word Problem Tutor.” Price: $26.99

This 2 -DVD set contains an 8 hour video course. John (12) and I watched this together. The teacher stood in front of a white board and wrote out detailed steps for us to solve math problems along with him. We watched a little at a time. There is a lot to digest here. John found this very helpful. The teacher reinforced what I have been trying to explain to my children for years – When you don’t know what to do with a problem, make a chart, think, analyze and find a solution.

I can see how this program will help students in a variety of ways. Once they master solving word problems, they will understand how to analyze and solve other problems in work, school and life.

Both of these DVD’s are professionally done. I am very impressed with their quality.

To find out more about my reviews, please visit "Introduction to our Homeschool Parlor"

*I received these items from this company (for free), for the purpose of sharing my opinion.*

0 comments: