Monday, March 8, 2010

Graphics Toolbox Review

TOS Crew Review

Product: Graphics Toolbox Software by Lynda Holler

Price: 30 day Free Trial. $149 for a license.


From the Website: "Graphics-Toolbox® is a powerful, multi-purpose graphic software program used by people of all ages. Students, hobbyists and professionals alike enjoy using the fast and easy tools to create expert results for their daily graphics needs. Once you learn how to create and control the graphics in your life, the door will open to your imagination and there will be no turning back!"

My Observation:

When I first looked at this program, I had no idea what to do. I am so grateful Lynda offered online tutorials! I attended 2 instructional meetings. The first one introduced me to the basics of the program. It looked wonderful and easy. But when I tried to use the program on my own, I got confused and forgot everything!

Next session - I learned about making graphics for blogs. This was also a wonderful lesson. This time, I was able to do a couple of simple, basic tasks. But I was still overwhelmed. This program has an enormous variety of features and offers so many resources to create all kinds of projects for both home and business use.

My only hope to figure this out, was to get my daughter Amy (15) to try it out. I printed out the manual and put it on the desk beside her. She didn't think she needed it. Then I offered to set her up to watch some of the video tutorials. She finally agreed to watch one. After that, she was creating things like crazy!!! She had a wonderful time. Here is her first project:



While she was working on her "artsy collage," I had to look up a few things in the manual. We quickly learned how to "copy" and "move" images.

The next day, I had to write a review for a set of books. I wanted a single image of the books together. I was able to quickly do this, in a very basic way. Here is the image I created:



I can see how the program is extremely helpful for a variety of projects. It is going to take me a long time to understand how to use each feature. Overall I think it is an excellent program!



To find out more about my reviews, please visit "Introduction to our Homeschool Parlor"

*I received this item from this company (for free), for the purpose of sharing my opinion.*

1 comments:

Heidi said...

great job with your creations!