Sunday, June 12, 2011

Home is Everything


My husband was overly happy the other day. I got suspicious. I looked over at him and said, "Are you working today?"

"No. I have the day off."

I thought he was teasing. What a mean trick. I asked him again, "Please tell me the truth. Are you working?"

He smiled and said, "No."

I jumped up and hugged him. I was so excited! He would be home with us for an extra day.

The children all knew. They were instructed not to tell me. Mr. White would rather I was surprised. He loves to see that childlike excitement in my eyes - like he has given me the greatest present on earth.

We had a wonderful day here at home. We did chores, went for a drive, had homemade pizza and rested when we could.

Yet, It didn't matter what we did or where we went.  Whenever Mr. White is around - there is this sense of comfort and security I have. I feel like he is the most important part of HOME.

. . . And Home is Everything.

blessings
Mrs. White

From the Archives -

My Mother's Day Resolutions.

It Takes Effort - Getting Ready to Face the Family.

Recording The History of our Financial Lives.



- To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -

 

 

3 comments:

jeana said...

I love that. I feel the exact same way, and my husband does the same trick to me. So glad you enjoyed your extra day!

Claire said...

What a lovely surprise!

Cxx

Anonymous said...

He did it again?!!:O What a wonderful, mean guy:)

I remember you writing a post about that some time ago. My hubby did that to me a couple of months ago! It was awesome!