Wednesday, May 10, 2023

The Wife - Our New Book

"The Wife" paperback book.


  ~The Legacy of Home Press presents our newest book: "The Wife"~

 

 "The Wife"was written in the 1800's by Washington Irving. It is a short story which presents a charming message of old fashioned domestic tranquility. 

It describes how one couple had a happy marriage regardless of the loss of the husband's wealth and business. The sudden change in circumstances is difficult for the husband to endure. Yet the description of how his wife continues to make a happy home even in her new-found poverty is inspiring.

 The message of this brief story shines through to inspire readers to contentment in one's financial circumstances. This will bring a blessing of peace on the home.


"The Wife" - Interior look: Beautiful paintings are on the left side of each page.

 Special features of the current edition, published by The Legacy of Home press, include:

1.) Beautiful paintings (in black and white) of rural scenery from the 1800's have been added to the book. 


2.) The text is a standard 12 point font.


3.) A few words in the original story have completely changed in their definition compared to today. These words have been replaced to reflect the author's original meaning.


4.) Scripture quotations are from the King James Version of the Bible.


5.) Mrs. Sharon White, from "The Legacy of Home Press," wrote a foreword to the book.

6.) The cover photograph is one I took while visiting the historic Lincoln mansion, here in Vermont, a few years ago.

 

~ I have read this story several times in digital format, but wanted a paperback copy to keep on my library shelf. This edition, with the beautiful rural paintings as illustrations, will make a great gift. ~

 

 This book has just been published and is available in paperback.


"The Wife: The Legacy of Home Press Classic Edition."

 

ISBN: 978-1956616163

Paperback, 42 pages. 




If you are able to get a copy of this book and like it, it would be a great help to me if you will write a review on Amazon. Thank you!

 I hope you enjoy the story!

Blessings

Mrs. White

 From the Archives -

Keeping us out of the Poor House - The Housekeeper's Budget. 

A Lovely Addition to Home Life - A Comfortable Home Library.  

A Mother's Day Message - The Quiet Kindness of a Titus 2 Mother.


 - To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -

 

 



 

5 comments:

Wanda said...

The book really looks like something I would like in my library. I will go on Amazon and check it out. This looks like something to give to a newly married wife. I have several granddaughters in that catagory!!

It looks like it is beautifully done.

Cate Nunan said...

Dearest Mrs. White,

You know that I love to order your special editions and this one is particularly well presented with that pretty cover and the inside photos/reproductions. I look forward to it arriving in Australia. Hello and I hope life is settling after your return to the hospital.

Blessings, Cate.

Debbie said...

I look forward to having a copy of this :) Thank you for publishing it.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This sounds like a wonderful book, like all your books! Such valuable information and insights to be shared. Blessings to you dear friend!

Elizabeth Smith Graham said...

Hi there - I have been reading your books very slowly so I can absorb the spirituality and to inspire me to get my work done. My problem is, I have never liked housework. I blame on childhood, but we all know that's probably not altogether true.

I also have arthritis, which if the steroid shots wear off too soon, I'm in not-so-good shape. It gets in the way.
I was going to write to ask how to get around the dislike, when I realized it's one of those things God really really wants us to do - and I don't feel "right" until I obey. Then there's that joy in being obedient to Him. I can only conclude that's a pretty darn good reason!!!

Thank you for your wonderfully inspiring work!
Elizbeth