Monday, December 28, 2009

About The Legacy of Home

Miniature Parade Roses at Mrs. White's Vermont Home.

 

                                       Blog Information

 

Most Recent update: March 4, 2024.


Mrs. White at her Home in Vermont.



The blog is designed to encourage Mothers to have peace and happiness in a Christian home. 

This is a "Home Economics" - "Christian Homemaking"- 

"Simple Living" - "Homeschooling" - 

"Old Fashioned Homemaking" - site. 

 It is written by Mrs. White.


 
I am a housewife (for 35 years); mother of 5; grandmother of 12; and a retired homeschool teacher.  I am the grand-daughter of a revival preacher. 

We are originally from a suburb of Boston.  Some years ago, we relocated to rural Vermont. 

Contents:

1.  Contact Me by Regular Mail (my address).
 
2.  Donations are greatly appreciated! 
 
3. A way to Help with our ongoing Medical Trips.

4.  Subscribe to posts by email.
 
5.  My Books (listing of my books at our Publishing site).
 
6.  Our Tour of Vermont Series.
 
7.  The Legacy of Home TV (YouTube channel). (Please subscribe!)

8. The Legacy of Home on Instagram.
 
9.  My blog about homeschooling (updated rarely).
 
10. News and Updates: behind the scenes, special updates.  (Updated 11/5/23)
 
11.  More information.

 
How to Contact Me By Regular Mail -

Please find the mailing address, in the photograph below. (I am grateful for any donations of stamps to help offset costs of postage.)

Thank you so much for your kindness and encouragement! I am always grateful to hear from you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 

Donations are Greatly Appreciated!  

 If you have been blessed by "The Legacy of Home," and would like to make a donation, we would be most grateful.  A donation button has been added below:




------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
  A Way to Help with our Ongoing Medical Trips:
  
At the end of 2020, during the pandemic, one of my grown sons was diagnosed with a life-long illness. His condition requires ongoing medical care. The following page is for those who are interested in helping with our medical trips.  Here you will find a brief background, the need, and how to help:
 

 
----------------------------

How to Subscribe to updates to the blog: 

 

You can Follow The Legacy of Home by subscribing to the blog:


Please Note

Due to financial issues involving working with email subscription services, we have had to set up our own method to keep readers updated about new posts here at The Legacy of Home blog.

 This method allows me to maintain a subscriber list for free. So far it is the only method I can find to keep readers updated without any expense to our ministry. Thank you for understanding and I hope you will subscribe!


Please go to "How to Subscribe for details."

 

----------------------------


My books: 


Please find encouragement from this listing of 15 paperback books, I have written, on my publishing page here:

The Legacy of Home Press 

We also have a series of classic books that we have republished, including "Stepping Heavenward" and "Aunt Jane's Hero" by Mrs. Elizabeth Prentiss from the 1800's.  

  ------------------------------
 

Tour of Vermont Series, with Mrs. White:



Travel with me to see the sights here in Vermont. This post contains a listing of all the places we have visited, including The Governor's Mansion for afternoon tea, A Visit to Mrs. Lincoln's Summer Mansion (built in 1910), The King Arthur Flour store, and more at the Tour of Vermont Page. 

 

  ------------------------------

   The Legacy of Home TV

We have set up a new youtube channel, "The Legacy of Home with Mrs. White."  

 
~A featured video at this channel is a tour of our 1850's house.~ 

 Upcoming features will include: 

Frugal living, Managing Money, Cooking, Cleaning, and more. 


* Please subscribe to the channel and share.*




 


          The Legacy of Home with Mrs. White - the channel for The Legacy of Home blog.

 

 

--------------------------------
 
The Legacy of Home on Instagram:


 

 
 
I have a new account set up on Instagram.
 
 
  Please feel welcome to follow me there.
 
 
 
 
 
 Here is a direct link to the profile:

 
 
 
 
--------------------------------

 Homeschooling:


A new blog has been created for those who are looking for encouragement in homeschooling. It was started in early December of 2022.  I will add new posts as often as I can.  The blog is called, "In the Service of Homeschooling."

 


The link to the homeschooling blog is:  https://intheserviceofhomeschooling.blogspot.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 News and Updates:

(Updated November 5, 2023)

About this section:

I wanted to add this section to keep you updated of any news or activity that is going on behind the scenes. It is also the place where I can answer reader questions, announce upcoming plans, etc. 

This type of news would normally be sent out in some kind of email newsletter. However, such services cost money and at this time, we are not prepared to set up this feature. I know an email newsletter would be a wonderful benefit and we hope to add this service at some point. In the meantime, I will add news here when available. 

There are 2 news items - as of November 5, 2023.

Latest news:

- Missing pictures on old posts. 

A reader has left a recent comment about the archives of this blog.  Yes, you may have noticed missing pictures on older posts.  Here is the reason:  The older files have broken links and need repairs.  I have been trying to fix them, one by one, over the last few years but have not been able to make much progress. Originally, I was fixing the coding on the posts, and then replacing the "broken" pictures that had stopped working.  Finding new pictures for each post was time consuming. Recently I decided to simply remove the pictures so I could quickly clean up the coding and broken links and then move on to the next posts as I had time.   The plan is to eventually go back into the archives and slowly put replacement pictures into those old posts. This will take quite a bit of time.

 

- Missing posts.

Some of the older posts need some kind of attention.  It may have something to do with family privacy issues, or it may be some old reviews from companies that are no longer in existence.  Some of these posts need to be reorganized or have some things added to them. These have been taken down to evaluate later. This is also time consuming, but the work is planned to fix them and restore as many of them as possible.

I appreciate your patience.


--------------------------------


More Information:


Here is what you will also find on this post:

1. The Blog's content.
2. Information about Reviews.
3. About my "commercial breaks."
4. Copyright information.



This blog is authored by Mrs. (Sharon) White.

 I write about family, home life, cooking, baking, cleaning, thrift, poverty, finances, health, fitness, homemaking, homeschooling, and godly motherhood. The blog is designed to encourage mothers, wives, and homemakers in their daily lives at home.

In the past, I have also posted reviews of products, trips, movies, curriculum, food, cleaning products, books and more. I received these items in order to share my opinion.


Product Reviews

(Updated: October 27, 2023) - Since August of 2019, I rarely do reviews here on this blog.


Some of my previous work:


- From September of 2010 to July 2012, I was on Erin Chase's contributor team at $5 dinners. I wrote a frugal recipe each month, costing $10 or less, with a focus on feeding teenagers.  I resigned from this in July 2012.


- I was a Crew member for the Old Schoolhouse Magazine review team, from April 2009 through August 2011. This was an excellent program and you can see the many homeschool related items I reviewed for them in my Homeschool Parlour.


Affiliate work:

I used to do some affiliate work with Amazon, but am no longer doing this. I am in the process of going through the archives and removing those links.  I am also in the process of removing all  affiliate pictures/ links from "all-posters." I am no longer working with them.   Thank you for your patience!


Commercial Breaks You will see in some of the Archives -

I regularly post about my family and home life. These were interrupted, on occasion, by “Commercial Breaks,” which were notices and reviews.

Have you ever watched old episodes of "Burns and Allen?" Gracie and George are filmed doing a scene of normal family life. In the middle of their show, they would always stop and talk about their sponsor, “Carnation Milk.” This was so charming! For example: Gracie would make a special food and say to her guest, “I used Carnation Milk in the recipe.” I love how they incorporated this into the scene, as if it were normal. Please consider my Commercial Breaks, as something similar to what Gracie and George did in their shows.



Copyright Information

All content on this site is protected by copyright law.

1. You are welcome to briefly quote my work with a link back to the original post at this site as the source, and by crediting my name as the author, and the name of this blog. (Such as:  Mrs. White, The Legacy of Home)

2.  Full content may be printed out and saved (or shared) for personal, non-commercial use. (Offline only.)

3.  If you would like to publish any of my writings offline, (in their original, unedited format), such as in a book or periodical, please request permission.

This disclosure policy is in effect as of December 28, 2009. It is promptly updated as needed.



Last update: March 4, 2024




Copyright 2009 - 2024  by Mrs. Sharon White


2 comments:

happyathome said...

Hello Mrs White.
I am thinking of you and your family and wondering how you are all doing.
Here in New Zealand life seems pretty normal though we cannot travel overseas of course which is very hard when you have a child and grandchildren living in another country but i am VERY grateful for everything that has happened here.
I do so hope you and your family have managed to avoid getting Covid and i actually enjoyed being in lockdown here as there was very little traffic and one could hear the birds singing and life was much more peaceful
krds1960@gmail.com

God bless you
Karen NZ

Suzette said...

Mrs. White,
I am humbled and excited by your house account journal documenting the flow of money. I am relieved to have a different way of thinking of the finances. This feels so doable thank you so much for this idea. I truly feel it will ease the burden of "where has all the money gone?"
God bless you and yours!
Suzette