Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Serving in the Kitchen - My New Book

Mrs. White's new book.


                ~ Our new cookbook, brought to you by "The Legacy of Home Press." ~

 

After years of taking notes and formulating ideas for a cookbook, I spent this past summer writing out recipes and taking photographs of our meals and table settings. The book is full of ideas and encouragement in old fashioned, frugal living. It is designed to help bring you a sense of warmth and cheer as you work in the kitchen. 


Here are the details:


Inside these pages you will find 3 sections to help you with kitchen work using frugal, old fashioned methods.

The first section is called, "Kitchen Help" and includes a variety of encouraging tips on the following topics:

Homemade Pantry
Spreading a Bountiful Table (from a humble purse)
Portions
Keeping a Full Pantry
Scheduled Meals
Teaching Children to Help
How to Acquire Pretty Things for the Kitchen
Picnics and Journeys
Packing Children's Lunches
Taking Care of the Sick and Injured
Food Budget
Holiday Dinners
Setting up Family Recipes
Called to the Table
The Dinner Hour


The second section presents photographs from my home of a variety of ways to serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are sample menus included for each meal. These are called "house specials" and are selections you will commonly find at our house. You will be encouraged to set the table in inviting ways to bring a blessing to your family while staying within a budget.

The third section shares 16 recipes from my kitchen, along with black-and-white photographs.  There are detailed instructions for each recipe.

Throughout the book you will find a scattering of hymns, prayers, and KJV Bible verses to bring inspiration to your home.

This book is designed to help the Christian homemaker restore something very precious. It is the love of care and service in the home.
 
 (Updated Notice: Please see details about Mrs. White's bonus video at the end of this post.)
 
   - An Old Fashioned Cookbook -


Available in both paperback and hardcover editions.


"Serving in the Kitchen: Cookbook with Recipes, Advice, and Encouragement for the Christian Home"

152 pages, paperback

ISBN: 978-1956616194



 

"Serving in the Kitchen: Cookbook with Recipes, Advice, and Encouragement for the Christian Home"

152 pages, hardcover

ISBN: 978-1956616231



As a bonus, to go along with the cookbook, I have put together a video showing how to make one of the recipes from the book. It is called, "Baking From Scratch: How to Make an Applesauce Coffee cake (with a healthy substitute for butter)."

 Here is a direct link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3LgM6NR2eg&list=PLdjNiA5yPfo46l2_O8L5taQscGSPbfgfX&index=2&t=339s

If you are able to help with getting the word out about the cookbook, I would appreciate it so much! Thank you!


Blessings

Mrs. White

 

From the Archives -

A Wonderful Lesson - Pretending to Garden (with a picture of my grandbaby).

Encouraging Testimony of the Mother of D.L. Moody - Poverty in the 1800's

Some History of Being - Just a Housewife



- To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -







10 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Congratulations! Your cookbook sounds delightful. I will be checking it out, my friend.
Blessings!

Mrs. Crane said...

I have all your books. I get hardcover when available. Right now I’m re-reading Homemaking for Happiness. I’m home alone a lot these days and tea and my books are my comfort. Thank you and God bless.
Anita

Linda said...

Dear Mrs White, your new book looks delightful and I'm sure it will be a great source of help and encouragement to homemakers of all ages. (I just went and read all the 'available' free preview pages on Amazon). Blessings to you ~ Linda

Debbie said...

How exciting, Mrs. White! Congratulations on the new book! I've loved every one of your books and I'm sure this one will be just as sweet. I'm looking forward to the book and the video!

Amelia said...

How wonderful Mrs. White! I look forward to the new cookbook and videos. I enjoy so many of your books, it's like having a sweet friend who is a kindred spirit come over to visit. I've been reading 'Homemaking for Happiness' many mornings to relax with a friend before taking my bp reading, I think I'm on my third reading. I also remember enjoying so much 'Living on One Income', such sweet books, just so many of them are!

~Amelia

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Another lovely book from your heart to our homes. I will get it soon...saving up first. Bless you!!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

While I am glad that you write books, I was sad to find the deletion of many heartwarming photos from many of your earlier posts here. We're also in "tight" times, so right now purchasing your books isn't affordable, though moderately priced as they are. I think you also removed an entire year, unless I'm wrong.

Do what you need to do. I'm thankful for this blog.

Mrs. E.

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations on your new book, Mrs. White! I am heading over to purchase mine now. What a wonderful Christmas gift it will make as well!

Elizabethd said...

That sounds such an interesting book, Mrs White. I checked on Amazon, but so far it is not available on Amazon uk. Hopefully it will come.

LKBA said...

I recently found you and have one of your books and I very much like it and it helped me understand the basics of budgeting so thank you for writing the book! However being in the UK your books are hard to come by at a reasonable price and I was wondering if you ever maybe considered converting your books into ebooks for kindles?

peace and blessings from the UK.