Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Prayer Journal

Early in my marriage, I had a journal. I kept notes of day -to-day happenings and also my prayer requests. It was so encouraging to see all the many prayers that were answered in such miraculous ways!

I realized this week, that I am missing something. I am missing the blessing of a prayer journal. So this is what I did:

I took several pieces of white paper and folded it over to make myself a book. I stapled the binding to hold it all in place. Then I wrote a title on the cover. This is such a charming, little homemade book; I know my children will treasure it after my life-work on earth has ended.

Faith is the most wonderful thing you can have in this difficult life. If you want to strengthen your faith - then keep a record of all the miracles God sends your way to answer your prayers. Whenever you are feeling down or discouraged, go back and read your prayer journal. You will get so much peace and comfort from remembering all the ways God has blessed you and taken care of you.

Blessings
Mrs. White

2 comments:

Michelle Gibson said...

Very encouraging post. I haven't kept a journal since I was 12. When I began blogging I didn't think I could do it, but I surprised myself. It would for sure be blessing to pass on!

Deanna said...

A prayer journal is a wonderful thing to have.
I need to start one.
Even looking back one year so much can happen.
Blessings,
D