Monday, May 16, 2011

Pretty Things to Cheer Me Up

Plentitude de Charme et de Reve



Today has been one of those days. It is chilly and raining and depressing. . . No matter what I did, nothing could make me smile. I even tried resting, eating cookies, praying and washing dishes (smiles). But none of that helped. I finally realized I need some pretty things around me to cheer me up. I need to help create a better mood. No one else can do that for me.

So in just a little while, I will put on my burgundy, ruffled apron - the elegant one. And I will put on some Mozart. I will light a candle and do a little tidying in my kitchen. I like to clean a house that is already clean - because it is far more pleasant to tidy things and polish things, than to have to work on a horrid mess.

I will clean as I go. And I will start an elegant supper. I will be happy and smile and be cheerful, while I sip on tea. It will be a lovely night.

Blessings
Mrs. White

Remembering The Old Sunday Dinner.

Just Taking a Break from My Housework.

I love An Old Fashioned Home.


An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Kerry SewPizazzed.com said...

Hi, I am following you from Women Living Well. I too love cleaning (not too many people I know do). I am happy to have found yet another homeschooling family. We are not homeschooling yet, but it is at the top of my prayers. It is something that I have heavily on my heart.

http://milestonesoffaith.blogspot.com/

Kerry