Friday, July 1, 2011

A Clean and Happy Home

Hill Top Farms



I have been working on my kitchen for the past hour. The dark green counters are polished and clean. The sage cabinets, red breadbox, and pretty curtains make the room look very unique. I love to keep it clean.

A few months ago, I ran out of kitchen matches. I really miss lighting candles. I usually keep a large scented one on the center of my stove top. I am missing that little touch of romance in my home.

I gave the children a list of chores to accomplish by 3 p.m. It has been lovely seeing them help with the household tasks.

In just a little while, I will start supper. But first, I want to straighten pillows in the parlour. I want to vacuum the carpet and tidy the hutch shelves. I want to dust the window sills.

I will listen to Mozart, on my kitchen radio, while I work.  There is nothing like the joy of a clean and happy home.

Blessings
Mrs. White


Overwhelmed by work - The Homemaker's Despair.

That Extra Effort - Making the Morning Pleasant for the Family.

A Much Needed Rest - When Mother Slows Down.





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

MamaHen said...

We have been cleaning all day here. It finally looks better and now it is time to start supper! Hopefully it won't make too much of a mess!

Sherri B. said...

You are such a good influence on me. I will go and work on my kitchen so I can put a candle on my stove too. xo

Rebecca said...

Ahh....sitting and listening to music, working to music...it always helps me....love your sweet blog and am thankful it wasn't difficult to find Edna...gave me a chance to really read a few of your posts! Thank you! NEWBIE on the crew: Rebecca from momsmustardseeds.com

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I've lit a piece of spaghetti on the stove burner and used it to light candles before. It works well.