Monday, December 28, 2009

Cheerful at Home

Warm Hearts







I looked outside my window and noticed it was snowing. I am so excited. I never get tired of the child-like excitement of seeing snow! I realize I live in Vermont and I have been in New England my entire life, but still, it is such a sight to see!

I have been worn out the past few days and in pain, so Amy (14) has been doing all my housework. I just looked in my kitchen and realized I have a lot of catching up to do. "Someone" just doesn't love the kitchen as much as Mama does! (smiles) But I will make it shine!

When I am sick or in pain, if I just get up and do a little bit of housework and try to be active, I get better much more quickly.

I am so excited about this coming day. Call me crazy, but I am going to vacuum and sweep and light candles and just be happy.

The other day, Mr. White was watching TV in our bedroom. When he went outside for a bit, I headed in there and made our bed, opened the shades, polished the bureau and took out the laundry. The room looked so much nicer. When he came in, I was resting comfortably with a book. I noticed him glancing around the room. He didn't say a word, but I knew he was grateful for my presence.

I am reading "These Happy Golden Years" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I have read the book several times and always enjoy it. But I haven't read it recently.  A friend recently mentioned it because it has some great teaching ideas in there, from the 1800's. But the story itself makes one love and appreciate home so much more! I am going to finish reading it today, during my "homemaking breaks."

I am really looking forward to 2010. I plan to buy a new oven and will be able to bake bread and cookies again. I cannot wait! I will also buy a digital camera so I can actually take pictures.

Hope you are having a wonderful day at home!

Blessings
Mrs. White