Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Old Fashioned Motherhood - My New Book

Library of Congress: First Wesleyan Methodist Church, Washington, D.C., 1943.


I have taken three months off from blogging here.   During this time, we welcomed our fourth grandchild this summer.  We are also helping the great - grandparents as they pack up and get ready to move south (They lived here with us for 9 years). Things are changing at our Vermont Estate.

I have had temporary access to Internet this past week.  I wanted to let you know that a new book has just been published.  I wrote it as I was helping take care of my grandchildren.  I have been remembering all the things we did when our own children were little, and what life was like a generation ago.  I have also noticed the doctors and nurses were doing some new theories, etc. both in the hospital at birth and at regular doctor visits. It seems theories on baby and child care change with the modern generations. I wanted to put the "old thoughts" in writing to help the coming generation of mothers.

I put together a small little book, "Old Fashioned Motherhood." It is a short, but peaceful read that will encourage the Christian mother who is taking care of babies and small children.  It has little bits of advice on a variety of topics. 



This is a small, 62 page, plain, paperback book with a simple cover.  It was written as I sat in a rocking chair by the parlour window, rocking one of my grandbabies.  I hope it will encourage you.

I would love your help in getting the word out about my new book.  I am very grateful for your support and encouragement!




"Old Fashioned Motherhood
: Baby and Child Care Advice from a New England Housewife." 

62 pages, paperback. 





----------------------


I don't have much time online, but will be available for a few more days.  This will be the last post for quite some time. 

Writing this post is making me realize how incredibly time consuming blogging can be. (gentle smiles.)  Two of my grandbabies are here and they have just gone to bed. I have some tidying to do and then I will get my rest.

I hope you are well.  God bless you and your families!

love
Mrs. White


From the Archives:

Getting the Children's Help - Nobody Wants to Clean a Messy House.

Poverty and Peace - Living without Credit Cards.

A Beautiful way to Live - Simplicity of Old Fashioned Homemaking.


 - To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -





10 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I've missed you, Mrs. White. I am so sorry that I haven't written. My husband opened a restaurant at the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, MO. He has kept me busy helping him in addition to my usual duties.

I do hope to write one day. I don't wish to lose touch.

Have a wonderful Autumn. It's my favorite time of year!

Blessings,
Laura Lane of Harvest Lane Cottage

Elle said...

It is good to see you post something here again :)

I shared this post on several social media sites. I hope you get a lot of sales.

noordinaryspider said...

I am so glad to see you posting and publishing! I have been ordering your books through my library's Zip Books program so I don't get to keep them, but I do get to share them with my neighbours while staying true to our thrifty values. Much respect and best wishes to you and your family.

Deanna said...

Hello Mrs. White!
I have missed you and so enjoy reading your blog.
You're a blessing,
d

Anonymous said...

So glad to get this update from you! My Husband has been away for work since May and I have been quite busy with the four littles! I did just finally order your books, and can't wait to get them. Be blessed and know that you will be missed and are very much appreciated. You are doing the right thing!
XOXO,
Marybeth

Anonymous said...

I would love to get your snail mail newsletter Mrs. White, but I live in Canada so the mailing wouldn't really work. I appreciate all the time you have devoted to encouraging us mothers in our calling. Thank you, and God bless you and yours.
Sarah

JES said...

Good afternoon Mrs. White. It was so nice to see you on the Art of Home-Making Mondays with this post. I pray your health is strong and your newest endeavor's are successful. I am sure your book would be a blessing to mothers with the littles right now :) Your blog is a blessing and I often return to it for your gentle encouragement...

Lisa said...

So nice to see you here, if only for a brief visit. My own blogging has been hit and miss all summer. Blessings upon your new book and your family. ~Lisa :)

Housewife59 said...

Lovely to see your post Mrs White. I am back blogging on www.heartforhome-making.blogspot.com and I know how much time it takes up! I wish you all the best with your new book. I know that mothers and grandmothers of little ones will love it.
Lesley x

Anonymous said...

I am too happy to see you writing on your blog again! Congratulations on the new grand baby.:) I hope all is well at your home. I want to thank you for making you books in actual paper form and not only out in electronic form. I do not use those. I want to be able to read and reread them and pass them down. Your ideas are timeless and God has given you a heart for writing. Your talents may help your household finances but they are also helping the Kingdom of God through keeping homes together. As one person said about your books you do not teach just homemaking but the attitude you teach to have towards it is one others don't teach. The gentleness, the love of homemaking, the joy of taking care and loving your family. Your books are different as God has instructed you to bring out these qualities to mentor the ladies about as He has given this very personality to you. I can feel it in every post you do on this blog. Again I thank you for doing what you can to help all of us. Sarah