![]() |
| Flags bordering a little garden area at our home. |
I have been very interested in the holiday plans that are happening all over the country this weekend. I thought about attending a parade or a display of fireworks but don't think I have the energy for such an outing. I hope to watch something on our local public television. I think that would be lovely to just rest at home while still being a part of the celebrations.
The heat has been oppressive the last few days. We also have an air quality warning for tomorrow. This means extra rest and taking a lot of breaks.
This morning, I gathered several strawberries from our back garden. It was so nice to see many of the berries were ripe and ready to be picked.
![]() |
| Our strawberry garden. |
I don't have a lot of energy but just wanted to check in really quick. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!
It is all I ever want to be - Secretary to the Master.
Peaceful, quiet Living - Sunday Driver.
Ration Books from 1942 and helpful advice - Adapting to the High Cost of Living.
- To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -
For old time encouragement in living simply on a limited income, order Mrs. White's book:
"An Old Fashioned Budget: Humble Financial Management for the Christian Housewife"
77 pages, paperback.




6 comments:
I hope you have a restful but enjoyable 4th of July Mrs. White. I pray your energy is restored to you once more.
We are staying indoors, too, Mrs. White, as this heat is dangerously oppressive. Let us rejoice in our 250th birthday as a nation and pray that God continues to shed His grace on us. Blessings!
Happy 4th Mrs. White! I hope you have a restful weekend. Our town has a 4th celebration with fireworks the Saturday before the 4th. We don't go as it's too loud and busy for us; but we drive to a quiet neighborhood where we can see the fireworks and we enjoy those. We will be staying at home and doing sparklers in our yard. We'll enjoy a special frozen treat. It will be special but restful at home.
Staying home sounds just fine to me also. Husband is sick with a coughing virus that he can't seem to shake. Birds are eating my strawberries. We tried putting up things to distract them but to no avail. Next week we will buy a netting to go over fencing we put up.
It is very hot here too. If it doesn't rain we may go into town to see the fireworks, but that would be the height of our celebration.
We are staying in too. We will watch some celebrations on TV and enjoy our time together. I don't have the energy I use to have and lately had trouble with my knees. I'm due for another jell shot the end of the month. We take it one day at a time. Would love to visit your strawberry patch. They look so big and delicious.
Bom dia, Sra. White
Parabéns pelo aniversário dos Estados Unidos! Que fotos lindas, a sua plantação de morangos é maravilhosa. Tomara que o calor melhore logo. Desejo tudo de bom para você e toda a família. Um forte abraço!
Post a Comment