Friday, October 7, 2011

Kitchen Sermons


The past few days, I have been listening to sermons while working in the kitchen. I love taking my time, polishing the counters and washing dishes and listening to an inspiring sermon.

Each day I have chosen one sermon to enjoy. I have heard Dr. John MacArthur talk about the economy; Dr. Harold Sightler describe the blessings of all the food fed to thousands just from one small lunch, in "What Are They Among So Many?" I had tears in my eyes as Dr. Clyde Box preached on "A Faithful Man, Who can Find?" A few of these ministers are southern, and will shout at times. It certainly startles me out of a spiritual sloth!

Sometimes the children will walk into the room while I am working. They want to talk, so I pause the sermon. I listen to the children and then turn the CD back on. The preaching echoes throughout the house. It is like propaganda in the home - good propaganda that nourishes the soul.

The endless daily chores in the kitchen are ideal times for listening to sermons. Knowing there is something special to listen to while I work makes me eager to do my duties.

Blessings
Mrs. White

From the Archives -

Just an ordinary, Blue Collar- Working Class- Housewife.

A Calling -   The Romance of Home.



- To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -

 

 


3 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Such a good idea to be spiritually fed while working in the kitchen. Have a great weekend. xo

Anonymous said...

We enjoy Michael Youssef as well.

The Momma Chronicles said...

I love to listen to Dr. J. Vernon McGee or Voddie Baucham while I'm working in the kitchen/great room, or sitting on my bed folding laundry. Glad I'm not the only one.

And may I say, I'm *so* glad you're back to nearly-daily entries. You encourage me so much!