Tuesday, February 6, 2024

House Keeping in Hard Times - My New Book


                    ~ Our newest book, brought to you by "The Legacy of Home Press." ~

 

 This book is a compilation of nearly 3 years of writing about homemaking.  There are 49 entries, gleaned from the blog, and 46 entries taken from Mrs. White's private newsletter, "Letters from the Estate.

 Essays, articles, and diary entries describe what it is like when there isn't much money and resources are limited.  There are times of dealing with medical problems and trouble within the family. With grace and understanding, we can find joy in the midst of our circumstances.

You will be encouraged, as you read such things as:

1. Finding Perfect Rest in the Lord

2. A Chef in the House

3. Roses for the Table

4. Trust and Faith under Pressure

5. Encouraging Note Cards

6. How to Live on a Low Income

7. A Babysitter for Grandmother

8. Handling Trials Graciously

9. An Evening Routine to Find Rest

10. and much more.

 As you read the entries, you will get a sense of what it is like as a Christian housewife through the ups and downs of life.  Topics include motherhood, marriage, taking care of children, cleaning, living on a low income, saving money, and building up the family with faith as the foundation.

The book is available in Paperback, Kindle, and Hardcover. The cover photograph is of the front grounds of our property, here in Vermont, after a snowstorm.

 

 

House Keeping in Hard Times: Essays and Encouragement from a Christian Housewife

 Paperback, 180 pages

ISBN: 978-1956616286

 

 


 I hope you find the book helpful and encouraging, knowing that we all go through hard times. Caring for the home and family is worth all the effort!  May you be cheered along in your homemaking.

Blessings

Mrs. White

From the Archives -

Frugal Sewing - Making an Old Fashioned Bible Cover. (with a video)

We Must Always Remember - The House Comes First

A Blessing to Be - Just a Housewife. (With a little history)



- To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -

 

 



7 comments:

Cate Nunan said...

As always, I look forward to ordering your book. I will wait until it is available in Australia. Having these to dip into when I feel discouraged by circumstances is of great value, Mrs White. I have to tell you that your expression of 'having a pink day' is now known to many other women as well as my granddaughter. I tell anyone that today I am putting on a pretty apron, getting some little flowers on the kitchen table, no matter how humble the display, and getting on with my day. It is called "Having a Pink Day". Love, Cate Nunan.

Elizabethd said...

What a delightful cover the book has, Mrs White. I will see if Amazon UK has it.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Congratulations, Mrs. White! I'll be sure to order it.
Blessings!

Lady Locust said...

Congratulations! Looks like a good one 💕

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Have just ordered it. x

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations! I cannot wait to get it!

KatieL said...

I have just finished your new book. I loved it! My situation in life is very different from your, Mrs. White, in many ways.Nevertheless, your writings speak to me of the universal, rock-solid values that make life truly rich.

I like the book’s format, of little vignettes that can be read in minutes. I plan to reread one or two little entries on days when I need a spiritual pickup, or as an antidote to the feeling that I am now “just” a homemaker in my golden years.

Congratulations on writing and publishing this very worthwhile book.

Kathy Lipkin
Copley OH