King Arthur Flour is located in my home state of Vermont. They have been in business for over 200 years! Their flour is the number one selling flour in New England! Here's why:
1. They have an outstanding commitment to teach baking skills. They have ongoing classes which are a baker's dream.
2. Their Flour is the highest quality I have ever used.
3. Their recipes, and entertaining approach to sharing their knowledge is fabulous!
4. They are 100% Employee owned, and take pride in their work.
store, cafe and cooking school .
- They are open every day and bake every day!
- Wouldn't you love to try their chocolate croissants?
- They offer baking classes to all ages, from children to professionals!
I have been using their flour for many years. I remember getting ready to bake whole wheat bread for the first time. I was a young mother with small children. I already knew how to make white bread, but wanted to try the healthy, wheat version.
I went to the supermarket and found a bag of King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour. There was an easy recipe on the back, and lots of encouraging information - like their quality guarantee, and their instructions for storing the flour.
When I baked my first batch of bread, using this flour, I was hooked for life! If you want delicious baked goods, you need to use quality ingredients.
I recently received a package which contained 3 bags of flour, a bag of baking mix, and an enormous cookbook. I was so excited!
I used this to make pizza, muffins, and cookies.
2. Five Pound Bag of King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour (Item #3015) - $4.50
I used this to make pizza, muffins and cookies. I used this combined with the All Purpose Flour at times, or just the whole wheat as the only flour.
3. Five Pound Bag of King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour (Item #3311) - $4.50
I used this to make delicious chocolate chip cookies! I will use some today to make a batch of delicious Soft Pretzels!
4. Three Pound Bag of Whole Grain Baking Mix (Item #3391) - $9.95
This has two recipes on the back. One is for pancakes and the other is for biscuits. I made the biscuits. They were so easy to mix up! I made a batch of 8 large biscuits and my family loved them! One batch of biscuits used only a small portion of the mix. I plan to make more biscuits to go with Beef Stew this week.
5. King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking Book (Item #2722) - $29.95
I have dreamed of getting my very own cookbook from King Arthur! Their free recipes on their website, and on the back of their flours is wonderful, but I wanted more! I was so happy to receive this cookbook for keeps!
It is full of detailed instructions on baking. The recipes are clear and easy to follow. The ingredients they use are easy to find.
By following their helpful tips, scientific baking facts, and guidelines, you will learn how to be a fabulous, confident baker!
The book contains chapters on Breakfast foods, Quick Breads (and scones!), Cobblers, Flatbreads, Yeast Breads, Sourdough, Cookies, Pie, Pastry and more. There is also a glossary and an index. It contains over 600 pages of pure baking delight!
How would you like a chance to win some King Arthur Flour and a Cookbook? You'll receive exactly what I just described -
* 3 (5 pound) bags of King Arthur Flour,
* 1 (3 pound) Bag of King Arthur Whole Grain Baking Mix,
* 600 + page King Arthur Whole Grain Baking Cookbook.
All you have to do is leave me a comment, telling me how you learned to bake.
For additional entries:
2. Become a Public Follower of my blog. Or let me know you are already a follower.
3. Subscribe to The Legacy of Home through Feedburner.
4. Write a post, linking to this giveaway, on your own Blog. (This is worth 3 entries. Please leave 3 separate comments.)
5. Tweet about this Giveaway.
6. Follow me on Twitter.
7. Post about this on
8. Choose to "Like" The Legacy of Home on Facebook.
9. Follow King Arthur Flour on Twitter.
10. Choose to "Like" King Arthur Flour on Facebook.
*Please leave a separate comment for each entry.*
Super Bonus Entries - Come back every day and leave me a comment with a baking tip.
One random winner we be selected on Thursday, August 5, 2010. (U.S. Entries only.) If I am unable to reach the winner within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected. Your entry is only valid if you include an email address for me to contact you. This product will ship directly from the company.
This contest is closed. The winner is Cindy!
*Disclosure - King Arthur Flour provided me with these products for review purposes.*
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home