Here are some of the key points in the story:
1. How does Casey handle criticism from friends and family for her decision to homeschool?
2. How does she adjust to having her children home all day and still teach and do housework?
3. What does their daily homeschool look like?
4. What kind of support does she recieve from other homeschoolers?
5. Travel with them on field trips, enrichment activities, visits to other families and a trip to a homeschool conference.
The characters in this book are lovable and are so realisitic, it could be any one of our neighbors. I was inspired, encouraged and entertained as I read. I have always wanted someone to write a novel all about homeschoolers and Elizabeth Wien has done and outstanding job.
The teaching methods of Casey are just one example of the many different ways to homeschool. Her students are ages 4, 6, 8 and 9. I enjoyed reading about her days at home and how she handled all the different subjects. I cheered with her when her children improved in their studies. I sympathized with her myriad of emotions when there were trials or unkind things said to her. I felt a connection to her family and really enjoyed reading about their lives.
Elizabeth is currently writing a sequel! We will soon get to read more about the Knight family as they continue to teach their children. We will read about teaching teenagers and about courtship. I can't wait!
"Bringing them Home" is the story of one family's experience homeschooling for their first year. I have an additional Copy of this book, signed by the author, for a giveaway. Would you like a chance to win this book?
All you have to do is leave me a comment, telling me where you would most like to go on a field trip with your children.
For additional entries:
2. Become a Public Follower of my blog. Or let me know you are already a follower.
3. Subscribe to The Legacy of Home through Feedburner.
4. Write a post, linking to this giveaway, on your own Blog. (This is worth 3 entries. Please leave 3 separate comments.)
5. Tweet about this Giveaway.
6. Follow me on Twitter.
7. Post about this on
8. Choose to "Like" The Legacy of Home on Facebook.
*Please leave a separate comment for each entry.*
One random winner we be selected on Thursday, August 26, 2010. (U.S. Entries only.) If I am unable to reach the winner within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected. Your entry is only valid if you include an email address for me to contact you. This product will ship directly from the company.
This contest is closed. The winner is Elizabeth!
*Disclosure - I received a copy of this book, from the author, for review purposes.*
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home