Author - Kyle Idleman
Publisher - Zondervan
Price - $14.99
I never heard of "Christian merchandise" or a "Christian bookstore" until I was married with children of my own. Growing up, there was really no such thing as bumper stickers with a message, or T-Shirts with "follow Jesus" slogans. The rise of marketing Christianity is shocking.
In "Not A Fan," Kyle reaches out to the generation where being a Christian is popular, complete with material goods, and all the right words. This has a tendency to Mask regeneration and a truly committed life to Scripture.
As I read, I felt like a neutral observer, not realizing what has been happening in Christian culture. I was so impressed with this book, I even folded several pages for later reference.
The chapters include:
1. D.T.R (Define the Relationship).
2. A Decision or a Commitment?
3. Knowledge about him or intimacy with him?
4. One of many or your one and only?
5. Following Jesus or following the rules?
6. Self-improved or spirit-empowered.
7. The relationship details.
8. Anyone - an open invitation.
9. Come after me - a passionate pursuit.
10. Deny - a total surrender
11. Take up your cross daily - an everyday death.
12. Wherever. What about there?
13. Whenever. What about now?
14. Whatever. What about that?
Kyle explains each concept with personal and cultural stories. This makes each point clear and straightforward. You'll also find several brief "not a fan" stories by various people. Overall, this is an enlightening, inspiring book.
How would you like a chance to win three copies of "Not a Fan?" One winner will receive a total of three copies of this book. You can keep one for yourself and give the rest away as gifts to family and friends. To enter, all you have to do is leave me a comment.
5. Become a Public Follower through Google Friend Connect, or let me know if you are already a follower.
This contest is closed. The winner is - Laura Lane
An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.