Thursday, August 29, 2024

Homemaking Help with a Video

Picture of Mrs. White's video about folding a fitted sheet.


The chilly weather is making many of us want to enjoy more of the indoor work of homemaking. I am doing laundry this morning and a little organizing.  I noticed the leaves on the trees are starting to change color, here in Vermont. It is beautiful!

I was about to put fresh sheets on the bed in our guest room when I came up with an idea. I thought I would do a video about how to fold fitted sheets. In case others would find this helpful to watch, I posted the video on our YouTube channel. Here is the link for those who may be interested:

"How to Fold a Fitted Sheet (Homemaking Help) at "The Legacy of Home with Mrs. White" on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIbCeuWbbc&t=23s

Usually when I start doing chores, such as folding laundry, changing sheets, or baking something, it inspires me to do more.  I will be sweeping the floors in just a little while.  Then I will straighten the parlour chairs and make things look lovely.

Keeping house is such a blessing. It is a quiet work, bringing beauty and goodness to those around us.

Blessings

Mrs. White

From the Archives -

The Old Time Families need this - Cash for Winter.

Making the best of what is available to cheer the family along - Homemade Birthday Dinner

Thrifty Wisdom from the Old Days - To Earn and Not to Spend.

 

- To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -

 

Find cleaning inspiration and encouragement in Mrs. White's book, "Gracious House Keeping."


"Gracious House Keeping: Advice, Encouragement, and Cleaning Help for the Christian Housewife."

Complete with Encouragement and Work Charts to cheer you along in your homemaking!

115 pages, paperback.

 

 

 






7 comments:

Patty B said...

Thank you for this video! I have a hard time folding newer queen size sheets. Your video makes it look so easy. I will definitely try this next time!

Luba @ Healthy with Luba said...

Mrs. White, thank you for all your homemaking encouragement. You are such a blessing. Yes, doing one homemaking task makes me want to do more.

Enjoy your cooler weather! It is not quite as cool in the Midwest just yet.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I found your video to be so helpful, Mrs. White. Thanks and God bless!

Cathy said...

I agree this was helpful for all homemakers. I do think it is worth mentioning that folding the sheet on a flat surface is the best. I have tried to do it in a hurry by standing up and it is not a neat finish!
Blessings!

Elizabethd said...

You have very pretty sheets! Very helpful video, thank you.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I saw your video on YouTube! :)
As far as cleaning and tidying up around the home, I can't say that I enjoy it, but I do enjoy having things clean. I am glad my home is so small. It only takes a few minutes to clean. :)

Darla Mae said...

I watched you video and tried your technique on Friday at the laundromat. It worked out great and was so easy. My sheets are now all flat and stack well in the closet. Thanks!