Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Perfect Day for Chores

Sunny Days


It is a sunny day and everyone is home. There are no errands, or work outside the home for the guys. It is a perfect day for chores!

I will go through my list from "A Beautiful - Clean -House in Just 30 Days" and check off as many items as I can. The children and I will divide some of these up. There is no way we can get it all accomplished, but it will be fun to do several of the items on the list. I think I will print out an extra copy of this so we can cross things off!

Next, we will take an afternoon break to spend time outdoors. I might even sit on the porch and read for a bit.  Once we get most of the work finished, I will bake some delicious cookies. Then I will head out to my porch and ring the supper bell! We have this lovely antique bell attached to the side of the house. It is so loud, even the neighbors can hear it. Sometimes, after I ring the bell to call the children, I can hear one of the neighbors call out "Supper time!"

Yesterday, I bought some beautiful glassware and bowls from the dollar store. They are elegant! I bought 12 glasses and 6 bowls. They will look so pretty when I set the table. There will be a glow and warmth from the light of our wood stove. It will make the end of our work day, just lovely!

Blessings
Mrs. White

The Hard times - Memories of Shopping with Young Children

My favorite late night compliment - You Remind Me so Much of Nana.

The Beginning of a Four Part Series - Efficient Teaching Ideas for Busy Homeschooling Mothers.




Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Catherine said...

It sounds like a lovely day. (and fresh baked cookies are always a bonus!) Don't you love when the dollar store has little treasures?

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

It's so much fun when you can find treasures at the dollar store. I especially like getting new items for the dining room.

My mother-in-law blessed us with a new set of plates, bowls, and mugs while she was visiting.

Have a lovely day!

busymomof10 said...

Sounds so delightful! I love to find little treasures at the dollar store, don't you? You should post a picture of your treasures!!! I'd like to see your table beautifullly set this evening and ready to bless your family!

I am going to attempt something I've never made before -- chicken and dumplings! :) Can't wait for our dinner tonight!

Once again, you have inspired me to get up and get busy in my home!~

Unknown said...

Your posts always make me smile and remind me to relish the simple. As my mind and body want to go from nothing-to-90, you are good are reminding me of the joys of being intentional not so chaotic.