Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not in the Mood to Keep House

Have you ever slacked in your chores? This morning I am not in the mood to do any housework. I have to really work on it. I have been ill for the past several days and haven't been able to do a lot. Because of this, I am out of my routine. I have to get my 'bearings' and get back to work. Here is what I am going to do to help set a mood for cleaning:

1. Put my hair up.
When I took home economics classes in school, we were required to put our hair up before we were allowed to do any work.

2. Put on an apron.
I made a few different aprons, so I have a choice, depending on my outfit or mood. Wearing an apron is like a housewife's uniform.

3. Put on a CD.
I listen to:

- Classical, if I want to work slowly and enjoy each task.

- Gospel, when I need the spiritual nourishment (which is most of the time).

- A Sermon, when I really need it. (A few times a week).

- or, when I really cannot seem to get motivated, which is probably this morning, I listen to....... Waylon Jennings... I love two of his songs in particular: "Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys" and "A Good hearted Woman."

I better get to work!

Blessings
Mrs. White

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Dear Mrs. White,
Hello from HomeHaven.
So sorry you've been ill. May you get all better.
Like what you've posted here about putting hair up, etc. Good choices.
I have had many a day that I didn't want to do chores and days that I wanted to, but ill and couldn't!
God bless us wives, mommas and grannys that stay at home full time and have challenges.
I am forever making list...
Blessings,
d

Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love Waylon Jennings! When I was a young girl, I was just sure I was going to grow up and marry him! My daddy just had a fit! He said, "He's a long haired old man older than me!" (But he bought me his album anyway!) Well, obviously, I didn't marry him so my dad needn't have worried!! haha!!

I do the same thing with different music to get me going. Classical, Christian, 40's and 50's music, whatever suits my mood! I love aprons, as well! I also don't feel that I can "get going" in the morning without doing something nice with my hair and putting on a tiny dab of makeup. I just don't feel as lazy or "scroungy"!
Thanks for such a nice website!