Monday, November 14, 2011
I don't know anyone who enjoys cleaning up a big mess. Personally, I like to take my time with housework, to take pride and delight in the process of making a home. However, when the kitchen is a wreck - after a big meal, I need to get things in order quickly. This calls for some marathon cleaning.
This is what I do:
1. Put on my ankle weights and set the timer for 30 minutes. (The weights help me work quickly, like I am doing a workout.)
2. Clean the sink, then fill it with hot water and start soaking dishes. (We don't have a dishwasher.)
3. Clean the counters.
4. Clean the stove.
5. Start washing dishes, drying them and putting them away.
6. I look at the clock and see I have 10 minutes left, this motivates me to work quickly without taking a break.
7. Soak the pans.
8. Sweep the Floor.
9. Wipe down the appliances.
10. Wash the pans.
When I do this kind of marathon cleaning, I have much more free time for leisure.
Taking homemaking seriously - What Time Does Your Shift Start?
Trying so hard not to be one of those - Bossy Wives.
When we are not cleaning - How a Housewife Passes the Time.
An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.