Friday, January 26, 2024

Clean Like a Maid and a Homemade Bible Cover

Homemade Bible cover at Mrs. White's Table.


Late last summer I stared a hand-sewing project. I was making a little Bible cover for my small travel Bible. This is the one I take on trips with me when we go on our hospital visits (for medical care in the next state).  

It took me a long time to finish the project because I only did the sewing when I had time and leisure to quietly do the work.  I finished the cover just a few days ago. (A photograph is above.) It is a pouch style with a zippered closure. I will be taking this with me when we go to the hospital early next month.

Early this afternoon I did a video about cleaning. It is from the perspective of a maid. I share some ideas about de-cluttering, how long it takes to do the weekly cleaning, and a few other ideas.  It is called, "Clean Like a Maid" and is intended to encourage those who are overwhelmed with a messy house.  I hope you find it helpful. For those who are interested in watching the video, here is a direct link:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIu9B_kGbDs&list=PLdjNiA5yPfo46l2_O8L5taQscGSPbfgfX&index=5&t=361s


It is snowy and cold here in New England. But we are staying warm by the wood pellet stove.  I hope all is well in your homes!


Blessings

Mrs. White

From the Archives - 

Peaceful living From the Old Days - Sunday Driver. 

Old Time Manners - Waiting for the Door to Be Opened.  

Living on a Small Income - Standard of Living.




  - To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -

 




Find Home-keeping Inspiration, in Mrs.White's book - For The Love of Christian Homemaking.  

 

Paperback, 274 pages.


 

 

5 comments:

Jane said...

Had no idea that you had a YouTube channel. Just went there and subscribed. You look lovely by the way! That's how I do my handicrafts, at my leisure after my household chores are finished.

Hugs
Jane

Elizabethd said...

I do enjoy coming to your Youtube sessions. This one has all sorts of helpful tips. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I saw your previous post on handmade Bible covers. I was inspired so we my daughter and I made a few of our own. What a nice idea! Thank you for sharing!!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I am listening to your video now - you have a lovely voice, and a great inspirational video! Your Bible purse is beautiful, and a great way to keep your Bible safe as you travel. Many blessings to you!

Carol said...

Hi from Canada
So glad I found your blog
I’ve been inspired as a Christian homemaker
Grandmother and wife
Thankyou for being obedient to God
When I can will order your books one at a time
Praying for you and your family