Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Violets, Lilacs, Warmth and Sunshine

Springtime Symphony








My Mother-in-law spent much of her time in her small garden during the warm months. She had a lilac bush and flowers around the property. She would go outside in her house-dress, as happy as could be. I remember her smiling. She did her best to cheer me up, whenever I was feeling down. It was always pleasant to visit because she kindly and graciously welcomed us into her home and made us all feel loved.

The last few days, I have been feeling very down and quite irritable. I have been bedridden and can't seem to cope with my inability to get up and do my housekeeping. I love to be cheerful and hospitable, but lately, I can't seem to snap out of this mood.

Right now, it is almost midnight in Vermont. I am going to do my Bible study, say my prayers and get a good night's rest. Tomorrow I am going to remember the example of my dear Mother-in-law (who passed away last year). I am going to smile, and work hard at keeping everyone cheerful here at home. I will plan, with my husband, some flowers we can plant on our property. And I will be grateful.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Read about a pleasant summer day at our house last year, in Homekeeping and Cooking.


Late Last summer, I was Rocking Babies and Staying Home.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I hope that you feel better soon! Thank you for always taking the time to encourage others. I have been so Blessed reading your blog. God Bless you and your family, Mrs.White.
Love,
Tamara

Joyce Ackley said...

I'm sorry you are not well. Hope you feel better soon and get your energy and strength up to par. What does your doctor say about your spells of weakness and fatigue? Would medication or physical therapy help?

I have some painful joint problems that cause weakness and poor balance. I have bursitis and osteoarthritis. I've suspected for a while that I have fibromyalgia, but it has not been officially diagnosed. I did several prescriptions of Physical Therapy a while back, and it helped so much. I may ask my doctor for another script, and in the meantime, I've found the instructions for the home-care exercises, and I'm doing those. It's amazing how prescriptive exercises (and therapeutic massage) will help weak muscles and creaky joints!

You may want to look into this too.

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me to move a few of my lilacs to the front of the house. So that we can all enjoy being welcomed by them for years to come!
Julie