Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Radio Program for Homemakers

Cabinet Radio, 1927


Several years ago, I sat in a small room in my house and spoke into a microphone to do a series of recordings for sermonaudio.com  I read historical documents of Puritan messages. Most of these are listed in the side-bar of my blog, on the lower right side.  It took me forever to figure out how to get that set up! I started thinking about doing recordings for housewives. But when my assignment for sermonaudio was almost finished, my equipment broke and I had to forget the whole idea.

Years have passed and this idea is on my mind again. The good news is that my 17 year old son now has his own recording studio. He is going to help me make a recording to be broadcast on a radio program for homemakers.  This will be available online very soon. I love the idea of an old fashioned radio show.  In the old days, mothers would sit by the radio and do some sewing while they listened. Or they would clean and bake while their favorite radio program was on. It is so much better than television because you can keep busy while you listen.

Do you remember listening to a radio program? What was your favorite?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

Have a wonderful night, and a joyful week!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

4 comments:

Dimple said...

I don't remember any particular OLD radio show, TV was invented a few years before I was born. But I prefer to listen to music or, especially, Bible studies, while I am doing my quieter household chores. I can work and learn at the same time!

Anonymous said...

i am very excited about this project! count me in as a listener!

author said...

You never cease to amaze me, dear friend! ;) What a great project/idea! I can't wait for you to "go live"!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I am taking a short break. I've been ironing and listening to David Barton teach on American History and the removal of everything Godly from public life. It's so much easier to do repetitive tasks when listening to something like that.

Did you make the recordings? Where can they be found?

Blessings,
Mrs. Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage