Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hot Chocolate in August

Little Black Cup


It is cool here in Vermont. I had the most elegant cup of hot chocolate. . .  The mug was a classic black. The tea plate was creamy white. I used a packet of hot chocolate mix.

Tazze con Cappuccino


But here is the best part.... My parents are back home from a long absence and they brought me home a wonderful treat - a small bag of genuine campfire marshmallows they bought from a Cracker Barrel Gift Shop. Have you ever been to that restaurant? They serve the most delicious southern meals you can find in the North! They have locations throughout the U.S, but it is such a treat to find. They also have a delightful gift shop with nostalgic items for sale.

The very fact that my marshmallows came from such a wonderful place and from such wonderful people, made drinking my hot chocolate a very treasured experience.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

I Remember Mama - Lessons from a Norwegian Family.

Just for fun - A Housewife's Day at Home.

What Song would I like to play to wake up Amy (15)? Find out in one of my Front Porch Visits!

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Everyday Oils with Kim said...

We love the Cracker Barrel restaurant here in Tulsa! As my hubby, the kids & I left New York to move to Oklahoma we found a Cracker Barrel in PA. My heart was heavy & finding a great meal sure did help comfort me!

You can find great buys there also, especially if you shop after the holidays!

Kel said...

Yum! I can't wait for fall to hit us. I love hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Deanna said...

There's a Cracker Barrel not too far from here and I really do like their food.
Also the Gift Shop is a treat.
Loven' this cooler weather.
d

Beth E. said...

Our temperatures have finally cooled to the upper 80's. We've spent most of the summer in the high 90's, so this is a welcome relief!

Looking forward to cooler evenings and drinking hot chocolate. :-9

Beth E. said...

P.S. The pic of your Fifth Child reminds me sooo much of our oldest son when he was younger. You have a beautiful family!

-Crystal in Alaska said...

I have been enjoying the most wonderful hot chocolate lately! It's Swiss Miss French Vanilla and it tastes just like hot chocolate after the marshmallows have melted! I always use milk so one packet is all you need!

Michelle Smith said...

We have a tradition of stopping at Cracker Barrel restaurants whenever we travel (we don't generally eat out otherwise). Since we live in Alabama, whichever direction we travel we always stop at least once. We love to eat there, too. :)

Lesley said...

Cracker Barrel is GREAT! We live in Texas, so we have several within a reasonable distance. They have goooood food and their gift trap, err...I mean gift SHOP, is great as well.