Sunday, July 5, 2015

Blogging Without Pictures

http://thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com/2015/07/blogging-without-pictures.html
Visiting by the back fence at Mrs White's Vermont Estate

Over the years, it has been very time consuming to select and include pictures with each blog post.  I have loved that part of blogging, but am finding that I am constantly putting off writing, thinking I just can not come up with the additional energy to find the right picture to go with each post.

I realize that pictures on blogs are very important.  Personally, I am more inclined to take the time to read something if I see a pretty picture first! 

But it is time for a change.  The other day, I was out walking the property in the morning.  The sun was shining on the back fence of our Estate grounds, right near the beautiful rushing river.  It is a spot I love to visit on my daily walks.  (See photo above.) It is like a peaceful retreat.  What I would like to do is include this photograph on every blog post from now on.  This will make things so much easier for me to write more consistently.  This will be the place for our blogging visits. 

There will certainly be times when I will add another picture, or share something special from our home and family, but for the most part, you will simply see the morning light shining on the back fence at the top of each post.

I hope you don't mind this change.  I am very grateful for your patience with how slow and inconsistent I have been in my writing here the last several months. 

Thank you so much for reading.  I will write again soon!

Blessings
Mrs. White


From the Archives (where there are a variety of pretty paintings and photographs) -


A wonderful way to help children - Nobody Wants to Clean a Messy House.

For those Very difficult financial times - All of God's Children Have Shoes.

Old Time Thrift without Rice and Beans - Basic Cookery.


 - To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -


  For Encouragement in Christian Homemaking, order Mrs. White's book, "Homemaking For Happiness: Wonderful Days at Home."

In this book, you will find essays, articles, and diary entries about life in a Christian home.

Entries are arranged by season, and include:  "Keeping a Frugal Kitchen;" "Missing the Lilacs;" "An Evening Walk in the Garden;" "At Grandmother's House;" and "Chores for Grandchildren."

You will also find a few photographs showing a little of the local landscape.

Paperback, 307 pages. 

 

 

 



19 comments:

Debbie said...

If it means that you will write more, then I'm all for it! It's a beautiful picture!

Rebecca said...

So glad to see you writing again. You are such a blessing to others. The picture is lovely, by the way, but you have a way of writing that needs no pictures. You paint them beautifully with your words. I believe most of your readers are here for encouragement. A picture is nice, but what you have to say is what is really what we are looking for.
Blessings,
Rebecca

Sarah Coller said...

That's a great idea! It's nice to have a photo because it makes it easier to pin the article to Pinterest, if desired. It's a beautiful photo so it will be fun to see it greeting us at the top of each post. :) Sometimes when I'm at a pretty place, I'll take lots of extra photos to save for later posts when I can't find one to go with the article I've written. My own little archive of clip art. Ha!

Tamara said...

What a great idea, and a lovely picture, too. I'm glad you have such a beautiful, inspiring spot on your property. Thanks for your posts - they are very encouraging to me as a homemaker.

Abby said...

What a wonderful idea! I look forward to seeing the peaceful meeting spot more often :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with what Rebecca above said that you have a beautiful way with words and any posts you are able to make are gratefully received by us, your eager readers. I am always so pleased to see a new post from you in my email inbox. The picture you have taken looks an inviting and refreshing place to look at on your estate. Kaye from Australia

Darla Mae said...

Rebecca said it beautifully and echoed the words I had in mind. I will add that the photo is lovely and calming and a nice place for a visit.

Looking forward to your next post.
Blessings,
Mrs. Roudebush

Melissa M. said...

I am excited that you will be blogging more! I have missed your encouraging posts. After working outside the home for many years and being a stay-at-home mom and wife for several years, it is hard sometimes to not want to go out and get another job. You encourage me so much to not do this!!!!

Kathy in Illinois said...

That is a very peaceful picture and a nice place for our visits, Mrs. White. I hope you are feeling well and are having a nice summer.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Alice said...

If it means more posts from you than that's just fine with me! :D

Melanie said...

Mrs. White,
I love your blog, and I will always visit whether there's a picture or not. You have a beautiful way of writing that I believe is truly a gift of God, and I appreciate you sharing it with us.
I like the picture you chose...it's very peaceful. :-)♥

lorie said...

I would love to read more from you. Pictures are ok but it's your writing that i most look forward to.

Monica said...

Mrs. White,
I love your posts for some years!
You encourage me as a homemaker! I feel like you have been mentor me!
Please feel free to write what is in your heart, w/ or w/out pictures, it will be just fine.
Monica, a military wife

Unknown said...

It is a beautiful picture that I would not grow tired of seeing. Please write more often as I really enjoy your sweet blog!

Linda said...

It does look like a beautiful and peaceful spot.
I agree with all the others, I look forward to reading your posts. Whatever makes it easier for you is fine with me.
I am so thankful to see you writing again.
Linda

living from glory to glory said...

Greetings, I think it is rather a lovely idea to use the same picture for all your posts, maybe just a new one for each season, such as summer winter and fall. You have inspired so many ladies including myself. We are not coming here to be entertained, but rather encouraged.
Blessings, Living From Glory To Glory Blog, (Roxy)

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your photograph today is lovely. I have been thinking along the same lines as you have written about in today's post. Sometimes by the time I am able to get the pictures marked and loaded, the subject that I was planning on writing about is no longer timely, or I am no longer in the frame of mind to write about it. I believe you have come up with a very good idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Susie D.

Unknown said...

I agree, sometimes the internet is so slow and so much time is wasted loading photos. I love hearing from you photos or no photos, your wisdom is wonderful. Thanks for stopping by Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

Rhonda said...

Dear Mrs. White, I have missed your posts and hope you are fine