Wednesday, June 2, 2010

All This Housework

Housewife Marjorie McWeeney with Broom Amidst Display of Week's Housework at Bloomingdale's Store


Above Photo description:

(Housewife Marjorie McWeeney with Broom Amidst Display of Week's Housework at Bloomingdale's Store.)


I had an enormous list of things I wanted to accomplish today.  It is only 9:30 in the morning, so I have plenty of time. But then I came across this photograph and was intrigued. Can you imagine how much work the typical housewife did before all our modern conveniences were invented? No wonder she was slim and fit! She worked so hard each day!

This has inspired me to make my list and try my very best to get it all done.

Would you like to see my plans? Here goes!

1. Clean the Kitchen.
2. Wash the Kitchen Floor.
3. Vacuum the living room.
4. Tidy the living room.
5. Clean the bathroom.
6. Do Laundry and hang clothes on the line.
7. Plan the shopping and menus for the rest of the week.
8. Finish hand-sewing two aprons (both are almost finished).
9. Make a pleasant supper tonight.
10.Do our Family Church time  - twice today.
11. Go grocery shopping.

I think that's all I will commit to for one day. I will have the children do their own chores and schoolwork and we will spend some time outdoors. I will have to print out this list and cross off each item as it is completed. It will be a relief to see each one finished.

How much housework are you planning to do today? Hope you enjoy the process of keeping a home!

Have a lovely day!

Blessings,
Mrs. White
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark


2 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Doesn't it help so much to have a list? Well done! It seems as if when it is all in my head that the task is even more daunting. When I write it out it becomes concrete--something that can be finished.

Blessings on your productive day.

Rachel

Anita said...

1. Sort, wash, hang out, fold and put away 4 loads of laundry
2. Clean the kitchen well
3. Clean off my desk
4. Clean and dust my nightstand, dresser and cabinet in my bedroom
5. vacuum and mop my bathroom
6. Do our group time this morning before 17yos goes to work
7. Go over finished school work with the remaining children
8. Put on a pot of soup and pull out a loaf of homemade bread for a quick dinner tonight.
9. Have children dust and vacuum den, school room and dining room.
10. Play