Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Slower Pace at Home

English Garden







I love to look out the window and see the landscape of our property. My living room is on the second floor of our house, so I can see the grounds from a higher level. I love to sit in my favorite chair near the window. I have a small stool beside me for my tea, or my sewing box. I am often in that chair on my "bad days." Those days when I am physically incapable of doing much. Today is one of those days.

I am weak and overwhelmed and need to have a slower pace today. I will not do much. I need to rest and enjoy a quiet, gentle day with no important activity.

I was planning to bake a cake, but I will have Amy (15) do it for me instead. I am so thankful it is raining. For some reason, it feels nicer to rest on rainy days.

I will do a little sewing, read my Bible and listen to gospel music. Then I will lay down for a long rest this afternoon and into the evening. I will have to just accept a day of being a semi-invalid so I will recover quickly. Perhaps I will be better tomorrow or in a few days? May it be so.

Hope you have a joyous, pleasant day at home!

Blessings,
Mrs. White
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

HillaryM said...

Praying for you today, Mrs. White. Enjoy your restful day--even if you would rather be busy :)

Sommer said...

So sorry to hear you are feeling poorly Mrs. White. I'll be praying that this time of rest will be restorative for you. May you soak up the quiet and gentleness of your day!

Lots of love,
Sommer

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather today. Praying that you were able to relax and enjoy your day.