Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Lovely Day for Chores

Working on Chores






I am so excited! I have the morning off from errands and will spend the day doing chores. I noticed the kitchen floor needs to be washed. The living room rug could use a vacuuming and I plan to do some dusting and polishing.

But first, I must put on my favorite homemaking outfit - a nice skirt, pretty top, pearl earrings, heels and my Edwardian apron. I will put my hair up, freshen my make-up and smile and open the windows. I wish usher in rainbows and good cheer and bring life into this place!

Then I will head out to the porch for a delightful time of sweeping and singing some hymns while I work.

Lunch will be a lovely treat made by Amy (15). I will set the table and make sure it looks inviting.

Then we will all gather around the table and play some Monopoly or cards before I must head out for some afternoon errands.

I hope your day is peaceful, happy and virtuous. Even if the children act up around you, keep smiling and keep loving HOME.

blessings
Mrs. White

To cheer you - A Housewife's Pink Mood.

Come along with me on an adventure of - Teaching Home Economics to Daughters.

Remembering my childhood - Mama's Kitchen.


Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Clint said...

Have fun with the chores! Do you know the Fanny Crosby hymn, "Near the Cross"? I think it is my favorite. Sing it slowly as you sweep. The third verse can be used as a personal daily prayer:

"Near the cross, Oh Lamb of God//Bring its scenes before me//Help me walk from day to day//With its shadows o'er me."

Chorus:

"In the cross, in the cross//Be my glory ever//'Til my raptured soul shall find//Rest beyond the river."

Mrs. White said...

Thanks Clint. That is a beautiful song. We've sung it at church many times. I found it on Youtube for those who don't know what it is. This one is just someone playing the piano - an old fashioned version -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Kn3PCwDno

imperfectly natural mama said...

Wow, good for you for getting excited about chores, I wish it would rub off on me! I hate chores.